• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best rock slider for the money?

hmmm surprised no one's shouted out for AJ! I've got his superrails, they are $300 shipped. Excellent product, even better guy. Look him up.

Actually Cubsin2079, Austinaubinoe, Sunburned, and I all put our votes in for AJ's on the second page....

I got the JCR stage 3 sliders during there "Black Friday" sale. 225.00 out the door. I just drove to there place and picked them up, saved the shipping so a very good deal.

Great rails, very beefy. They attache to the unibody and the pinch seam. They come unpainted so you can paint to match what ever color you want.

Actually Cubsin2079, Austinaubinoe, Sunburned, and I all put our votes in for AJ's on the second page....

:wave1:

Yeah shipping really ups the price on armor for out jeeps. Oh and when it comes with sliders NEVER go powder coated. Its gonna flak off and rust with use. You can get away with it on a bumper, but on sliders a spray can is your friend.

Go with whatever is cheapest, there all pretty much the same. I like the look of AJ's stuff though. And he is a good guy. I was planning a rear tire carrier and sliders with him for a bit, but then I went out a bought a Wagoneer :gee:

So the pinch seams are protected by the sliders but they still get smashed? I think you contradicted yourself a bit there. :D

Well I'm saying they won't get smashed by direct contact with rocks. Mine got effed up because I landed on the sliders hard enough and so many times that the pinch seam eventually buckled. It happened on both sides of the Jeep, one in the front and one in the rear. In the pictures I posted, I think I actually screwed up the a-pillar too because even after I fixed the hinges, the door doesn't close properly.

Doing the rocker replacement allows the rails to transmit all the force up the pillars and gives it a lot more strength. Still, there have even been some people that screw up their pillars from hard landings. I guess that's the brakes with a unibody...

Not at all. Its just a demonstration of the strength of the pinch seam. Nothing you do makes it any stronger...

While it does not technically make it stronger, it spreads the impact over a wider area. They are not bulletproof, but it takes a LOT to cause them to fail.
Anything anybody can build can be defeated.
Sliders that incorporate the pinch seam offer more stability than those that don't. Sliders that replace the rockers and are welded all the way up and down are stronger and have more clearance than the pinch seam ones. And so on...

If you are frequently dropping the weight of the Jeep onto the rockers or under carriage, you are going to mess things up regardless of your armor. For those of us that do not do that on a regular basis, pinch seam sliders are plenty :wave1:
PS - I have AJ's rails. They do nicely for the non-driving-off-3-foot-ledges-on-a-regular-basis-crowd

I love my Ajs, theyve paid for themselves a number of times. They were 300 shipped, which is faster than JCR. Also Aj is a great guy, and a pleasure to do buisness with. Id reccomend Aj over JCR on pretty much every product.

To the OP and the original quesiton. As far as building a set, I know in my area steel was high priced when I was looking to build my own. It would have only saved me about 100 bucks at best and with the time I would have into them I figured I would just order some so I went with JCR stage 3 sliders. I wanted mine to stick out a little further to keep from ripping my flares off. They have been hit very hard many times now with no complaints, and have saved my flares many many times.

I have SuperRockrails besides the install problem they work great... lots of dents in them.. IMO too thin tubing.. but pretty good product

To the OP a month ago: you asked for best value in the title and cheapest in the first post.....two different things.

The the resuscitator of the thread a few hours ago: rocker replacement is where its at. Go with 2x6.

Back