• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best priced steering conversion

this is the tierod filp on the drivers side, the tierod is an 1.5" rusty's, like i said, you will have to move the swaybar mounts.
tierod003.jpg

XJ_ranger said:
they arent...

but after the goferit is welded in, it could be reamed....
Wait, what? Dont you ream out the knuckle to put in the goferit incert?

So Id put in in, and then ream it again, then I could do the parts mike deal?

edit: So I read farther down the parts mike page, and it said it was a 7/8. Is that to much for the stock D30 knuckles? Or should I choose one of these?
http://www.partsmikeparts.com/tre_comparison.htm

Starboard M said:
Wait, what? Dont you ream out the knuckle to put in the goferit incert?

So Id put in in, and then ream it again, then I could do the parts mike deal?

edit: So I read farther down the parts mike page, and it said it was a 7/8. Is that to much for the stock D30 knuckles? Or should I choose one of these?
http://www.partsmikeparts.com/tre_comparison.htm

If your going to run 1 ton TRE's you don't need the goferit spacer at all... top or bottom...

Your actualy going to drill the knuckle out to 5/8" which gets rid of the factory taper all together... THEN ream for the 1 ton stuff.

If you want to run your steering on top of the knuckle you will need to clearance; sway bar mounts, coil buckets, and the stabilizer bracket. Also check for clearance on your rim.

Feel free to give me a call if you need info or parts.

~Daryl
JCRoffroad.

monkeyevil said:
If your going to run 1 ton TRE's you don't need the goferit spacer at all... top or bottom...

Your actualy going to drill the knuckle out to 5/8" which gets rid of the factory taper all together... THEN ream for the 1 ton stuff.

If you want to run your steering on top of the knuckle you will need to clearance; sway bar mounts, coil buckets, and the stabilizer bracket. Also check for clearance on your rim.

Feel free to give me a call if you need info or parts.

~Daryl
JCRoffroad.
So you only need to use the incerts if you are using the stock stuff? So I drill and ream it and then I can use the 1 tons.... hmmm...

So the stock D30 knuckles will hold up to a 7/8'' hole?

the 7/8" is the size of the threads on the TRE. The tapper is a 1.5" per foot, 7* reamer. So you will have to drill a 5/8" hole to get rid of factory tapper, then you tapper that 5/8" hole to fit the one ton TRE's. The knuckles hold up fine. We have installed/sold over 200 steering kits and no problems.

Back