• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best place to get tires?

jww1955

NAXJA Forum User
I live in Citrus Heights (Northern Sacramento) and I'm looking for tires and rims for my stock '88 XJ. Probably 225's or 235's. What are the best local shops for these items? Anybody have any really good or really bad experiences?

Also, I was looking into online dealers. How do the prices compare with shipping added?

Thanks,
Joe

I also have a set of wheels 4 sale
cher1.jpg

60.00. I'm in Woodland

I’ve got some 235 AT’s. There all the same brand. Two are almost new the other two are not bad. I also have a 225 spare if you want it. I’d let the new ones go for 75 each and 50 for the other ones. I’d even bring them to ya if you not to far.

Bronco,

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm going to stick with new tires. It's my daily driver that gets a load of highway use and I want to get maximum life out of the tires.

Besides, after seeing Crazy4mopar's rig up close, I seem to have come down with a slight case of inchitis :D Now I'm looking into a little bigger tire, like a 30x9.5.

Joe

I just bought Marni's ZJ 225 75 R16s Pirellie Scorpion ATs for $92 apiece from Tire Rack. $8 a piece to ship, here next day, no sales tax. $15 a piece to mount and balance. Supposed to be really nice for mild off road according to jes, not too loud either.

SeanP

Back