• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Mud Tires?

DaveHillier

NAXJA Forum User
What do all you guys think the best MUD tire for me to get would be? I've got and 89 XJ 2 Door with a 6 1/2" lift kit in it and 33" Mud Brutes with no trimming on it right now but I want to add bigger tires and get a set for just offroad in the mud.

DaveHillier said:
What do all you guys think the best MUD tire for me to get would be? I've got and 89 XJ 2 Door with a 6 1/2" lift kit in it and 33" Mud Brutes with no trimming on it right now but I want to add bigger tires and get a set for just offroad in the mud.

what axles are under your rig?

Love my Trxus M/T's and they love the mud.

DaveHillier said:
I'm not worried about my axles right now. I'm just looking for the best mud tires. I don't care how they are on the road either.

Thanks

In that case, I'd say SS Boggers...

YOu'll worry about your axles when your sitting in the middle of a mud hole after your rigs spinning tire caught on that root no one knew was there and you blow a u-joint or axle shaft or the horror a r&p

DaveHillier said:
I'm not worried about my axles right now. I'm just looking for the best mud tires. I don't care how they are on the road either.

Thanks

if you hve stock axles the 33's are too big! get a clue big tires and small axles dont mix, your chit wont last an hour with larger tires

well i have Swamper TSL's, but if i was goin strictly off-road muddin, then i would recommend Swamper I-Roks. they are soft, siped, and have huge voids in the tread pattern. all swampers are good but some are better than others for off-road only. another good one would be some "custom cut " Boggers or have them siped at a tire store. i have seen both of these tires kick butt in real mud. cut or siped Tsl's are good too. also bias ply's are the toughest side walls, so pick your poison.....

I already know about the whole axle thing. I don't know what is wrong with some of the people on here, I asked a simple question and most of you answered it but some people feel they have to comment on other things. I have 3 dana 35s and 3 dana 30s for spares. My Dana 35 is locked up and I've ripped the piss out of it for a year now and never had a problem. I know I will but I don't care. I've got spares and when I run out of spares I'll upgrade my rig to better axles.

Thanks

DaveHillier said:
I already know about the whole axle thing. I don't know what is wrong with some of the people on here, I asked a simple question and most of you answered it but some people feel they have to comment on other things. I have 3 dana 35s and 3 dana 30s for spares. My Dana 35 is locked up and I've ripped the piss out of it for a year now and never had a problem. I know I will but I don't care. I've got spares and when I run out of spares I'll upgrade my rig to better axles.

Thanks

Its cuz we care and dont want to see un needed carnage....but if you enjoy having your junk broke down more power to ya

I was looking at the Boggers in 35x1450x15. Do you think these will be too wide? I know it's about time I cut my fenders a bit. It seems like the guys have a hard time with narrow tires in the mud on the trails I'm usually on.

If you're into that 35" tire range you may want to check out the Interco Q78. They are 35.5" tall and about 10" wide. The tread depth is 27/32 which is deeper than pretty much any other tire out there.

LTBs/TSLs or Boggers.

Here's my 34x10.5" LTBs at 4.75" lift.

CIMG1174.jpg

In my opinion: For straight line mud, Boggers. If you need any sideways traction (turning or holding on a side hill) than TSL SX. I dont think any radial mud terrain ( MTR, Bfg mt, Procomp mt.) can touch a swamper in deep mud.

Well, with my trXus mt's, I was able to pull out an f-150 up to the rockers in mud, while other huge chevy's on Super Swampers couldn't get him out. Maybe it's the weight difference, but I left impressed that day. I hate muddin, but whenever I do hit some, I have no problem.

Back