• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best looking jeep rims

PCW FTW!! Not....i really just want some plain jane black widow wheels.

M01A0780.jpg

I've been to EZ Pull, found it to be very disorganized. We live 15 min. from Harry's, so it's the obvious first choice. And, they do have many more XJs and ZJs than any other yard around. What I've found is that the young lady at the price window during the week tends to be more expensive than some of the guys on the weekends.
EZ pull always has 35 or more XJ's and more than that in ZJ's - don't know how many more you'd really need. I even got front and rear power leather seats from an XJ limited for only $35!

It has been about four years since I was down there, not long after they started
the 'pull your own' deal. Before that it was Joes Auto Parts, where they do it themselves, and obviously charge for it. If they do have so many XJs and ZJs to pick over, I'll have to come down. I just got my '92 painted, and I'm looking for Mickey Mouse parts. I have to give 'em a try. Thanks for the heads-up!

yeah, def. go early or on a day when its not too hot so you can take your time ... also, on the weekends they run a bus through the yard so bigger parts can be loaded up and you ride up to the cashier....also, they will torch rears out for an additional $10 which is SO worth it - also, complete engines torched out are like $135 total price..its a good place to go and the only upull I will go to anymore. It is organized though only by foreign cars, GM, Ford, Chrysler, and then all the trucks, vans, SUV's are in their own section.

I like the Ravines so much, I bought a set for my baby sister for Christmas:
emilysravines1.jpg

emilysravines2.jpg

emilysravines3.jpg

Could use a little more meat on em, but they still look great...

Robert

I can't believe that no one is showing any love for the Eccos. I like the smooth lines and polished outer edges. I personally prefer the grey color (vs. the silver or pewter).

100_7709.jpg

Are you really set on the stocks? IMHP black steelys look great on an XJ. Not to mention they're cheaper. Besides, those alloy moabs are going to be more prone to bending than steels, but to each his own.

Last edited:
I can't believe that no one is showing any love for the Eccos. I like the smooth lines and polished outer edges. I personally prefer the grey color (vs. the silver or pewter).

100_7709.jpg

Thank you! I thought I was about to be the first to mention the Ecco's. My favorite of the stock XJ line up of wheels. Bought some in the white color for mine a couple of years ago to replace the ZJ Laredo wheels that were on it when I bought it. I'm currently in the market for something that sticks out more though because my tires are rubbing on my brake lines now.

Yes, because black steel rock crawlers are stock Jeep rims....

Reread the first post.

Maybe there not stock but you can easily find some in a junk yard
rockcrawler.jpg

IMHP black steelys look great on an XJ. Not to mention they're cheaper. Besides, those alloy moabs are going to be more prone to bending than steels, but to each his own.

Are you serious? An aluminum wheel will most likely break or crack before it bends. Check out soft 8's. I'm convinced there's a correlation between the name and their performance. The lips bend like butter, dent super easily, and runout can go to garbage just as quick. Upside: they're dirt cheap.

Something else I don't think a lot of people realize - Most OEM wheels are hubcentric. HUGE plus for me. I have some unbalanced 32's on Moabs on my rig now, and they ride 100% better than my balanced Soft 8's with 30/9.50 AT's.

Are you serious? An aluminum wheel will most likely break or crack before it bends. Check out soft 8's. I'm convinced there's a correlation between the name and their performance. The lips bend like butter, dent super easily, and runout can go to garbage just as quick. Upside: they're dirt cheap.

Something else I don't think a lot of people realize - Most OEM wheels are hubcentric. HUGE plus for me. I have some unbalanced 32's on Moabs on my rig now, and they ride 100% better than my balanced Soft 8's with 30/9.50 AT's.

WORD! Aluminum will bend and go back to their original(or real close) position. Steelies will not. You bend a steelie and itll leave you resetting a bead on the trail...(ask me how I know)

Aluminum is soft yes but not soft enough to break in half at the spokes LOL. Sure you might spin an alloy on a rock and shave off the finish and a few shavings of aluminum but thats all...Alloys are lighter too LOL-main reason Im running them on my heavy arse Toyos.

Back