• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

??Best Jeep Automotive Repair in Colorado??

iamacynic37

NAXJA Forum User
Good Afternoon,

I am curious because I am at the end of my rope on my build and this very well might be the last post i ever make, NAXJA!! :gonnablow 1999 XJ 4.0L

I'll spare you the details of the errors of my folly but specifically I'm looking for someone experienced in electrical.

Anywhere in CO, just say: Who, Where, and Why, please.

Thanks for your time.

yea i was just trying to keep it short and sweet. I find when i flex my verbal on these forums people light me up and i get less answers than when i started.

I've done all my own work to my XJ; what i've noticed is issues with codes P0132, P0135, P0138 & P0141

I started receiving these codes after i did a spectre cowl intake, 62mm Throttlebody, Banks header, new cat, new o2 sensors. which was about a year ago

i've spent Alot of time on forums trying to figure this out but the answers always really vary. I'm in the hole 4 oxygen sensors (1 pair mopar!!), a new distributor and easily 20 hours screwing around on it.

thats why i'm looking for a higher power cuz i think next time i'm at the bottom of a bottom im gonna convince myself to trade it in

Last edited:
This may sound simple but since they are all related to the o2 Heaters, have you gone through your fuses? You want the 15A his finger is on.

20150603192021-ec4f5eeb.jpg

Last edited:
checked fuses, vaccum lines, also visually inspected the electrical system.

my friend, who helps me out, is a 20 year mechanic. we've put in alot of time on this xj. He's kinda stumped as i am. the o2 sensors i thought would get it. then i checked all the fuses and the vaccum line.

i also replaced the TPS sensor and i do regular maintenance on the air intake as its a newer design and i seem to have slight issues with it

Nothing you installed would have affected the o2 sensors, except the new sensors. So if you know the fuse is good and you have done several swaps for new sensors, you have to have something in the wiring. A short from a chaffed wire or something of that nature. It is just a matter of finding it. I know you have mentioned putting a lot of time into it and I'm not sure what all that entails, but that's really all that is left to do. Assuming there are not running problems at this point?

Last edited:
Mr. Flores has a scan tool. He's doing a tech day at his house in Fountain this Sat. Give him a PM.

my buddy and i did the real time values. He was the one to suggest that i kick this to a Mechanic who specializes in either jeeps or electrical.

it runs like a top! the only problem is, and you can very easily feel it, is the acceleration is all over the place. if i can merely get this piece settled i'd have the xj of my dreams. oh i also am getting about 20 MPG

The google route gave one or two options but i wanted to try this out to see if anyone had any XJ shops they enjoy

I'm trying to find the name of the shop that did my son's 97. It was one of those 97's, that cause people to say burn it! Lot's of electrical issues. The shop is off of 21st street on the west side of the Springs. Turned out that it was missing grounds in the wiring harness and was trying to ground through a corroded tail light connector. I added the two grounds shown in the schematic, and it's been fine. The guy knows his stuff and is a jeeper. Found it, it's Highland Automotive. (719) 471-8062

well in my 15 years driving the cars i've had access to a 1989 jeep grand wagoneer, 1991 2 door xj, 1997 4 door xj sport, my current 99 xj sport, and my ma's 2003 liberty.

In my humble opinion this vehicle gave me the least ammount of trouble and if it wasnt my DD i could live with it. My nightmare is to have to trade this in for a wrangler.

Back