• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Fuel Pump For RENIX?

88XJSport

NAXJA Forum User
So my 2 year old Bosch pump died.

What is the absolute best longest lasting fuel pump for my Renix application? Im guessing a Mopar from the dealership, but just want to make sure.

I dont mind paying extra for something thats gonna last longer than a few years. Im plan on doing this tomorrow, I cant buy anything online...

Thanks.

Last edited:
Not sure what to suggest. Bosch is generally pretty good stuff. I have a Bosch starter in my Nissan P/U that getting around 7 years old now. My O2 sensors are all Bosch. Doesn't mean you didn't get a "bum" one.

At least, this can be a bump in case you haven't already done the swap.

I would say a bum pump. I am running a bosch for more than 5 years. I bought it as a pump and fuel sender package for only a few dollars more than just the pump. Or did the screen fall off and that killed it

Havent done the swap yet. Im gonna remove it, and see if either the screen fell off or something is blocking it somehow. Im not ruling a bum pump or not, just gonna see if something is blocking it, but I may swap it, since mine is intermittent. I may get a bosch again, since the dealership doesnt stock them anymore.

I ordered a bosch. Besides, I use bosch relays, bosch windshield wipers, bosch oil filters, so im guessing either an obstructed or bum pump.

***Would running the wrong fuel injectors burn up a pump?? A few months ago I ordered new injectors, and they gave 97 mustang injectors, which were 15lbs instead of 19, and ever since then the pump has been intermittent, even after replacing with the correct injectors.

Any ideas?

I have had good luck running a Holley replacement pump.

So just FYI...

The Bosch p/n 69302 pump that I replaced in my post #7 with another 69302 is dying on me just like the last one did.

Two years on the first replacement Bosch 69302, and one year and one month lifespan on this one. :badpc:

Any ideas? Is is just my dealer or does Jeep not stock fuel pumps for Renix XJ's anymore?

This is getting rediculous.

id check voltage and wiring conditions. two bad pumps is kind of hard to believe thats its the pump. maybe try a junk yard pump and see how long that lasts. but still i would look for the specs and double check your wiring.

So just FYI...

The Bosch p/n 69302 pump that I replaced in my post #7 with another 69302 is dying on me just like the last one did.

Two years on the first replacement Bosch 69302, and one year and one month lifespan on this one. :badpc:

Any ideas? Is is just my dealer or does Jeep not stock fuel pumps for Renix XJ's anymore?

This is getting rediculous.

You wouldn't happen to be one of those driver's that likes to wait until the last second to fill the tank? Letting the tank get below 1/4 allows the pump to suck air when corning and climbing. Each time the pump sucks air it is being damaged internally.

Also, when you changed out the pump last time, what was the condition of the rubber fuel line between the pump and the fuel tank flange? If that hose has deteriorated it could be making the pump work harder.

Also, any crud swimming in the bottom of your tank?

The rubber hose in the tank was replaced when the second pump was, so thats new.

The voltage is a healthy 12v when the pump primes, and its around 6v when the engine is running.

The ballast is in use and intact.

The bottom of the tank looks brand new.

When my tank gets to 1/2, I fill it. On occasion, since Ive had this pump Ive taken some tight turns and the engine cut out, the tank at the time was a little less than a half, and it acted like the pump sucked some air, but I dont know for sure, because the tank was a bit below half.

The rubber hose in the tank was replaced when the second pump was, so thats new.

The voltage is a healthy 12v when the pump primes, and its around 6v when the engine is running.

The ballast is in use and intact.

The bottom of the tank looks brand new.

When my tank gets to 1/2, I fill it. On occasion, since Ive had this pump Ive taken some tight turns and the engine cut out, the tank at the time was a little less than a half, and it acted like the pump sucked some air, but I dont know for sure, because the tank was a bit below half.

Sounds like you have things right.

One thought, and I don't remember what year the poster was talking about, but on the pump intake inside of the "sock" there was a tube that had come loose from the assembly. Seems to me that was the root of that poster's problem. Sorry I can't remember the details.

If you have a fuel pressure gauge and the FSM, try walking through the system tests looking for any abnormalities.

Back