• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BEST DAY EVER!!!

jfox21

NAXJA Forum User
OMFG. today was amazing, and i feel like i need to tell the whole world.

i started out by getting to drive 2 ferraris, then i got to drive a lamborghini diablo, mind you all i got to do was drive them a few feet ( btw im a valet). Ok, so that was awesome. but wait!!

I got to go for a ride in an ARIEL ATOM!!!! all i can say is WOW. I have been in love with that car for over a year now, and to get a ride in one is a dream come true. when i got out my entire body was shaking. and to top it all off i'm going to see 300 in about 40 mins! WOO HOOO.

that is all. i just had to tell someone (or everyone).

Sweet!! I had a chance to drive a modified Ferrari once a couple of years ago. I believe it was an F355 (does that sound right?). The sweet part was that it was on a racetrack. I used to fly for a guy that owned a couple, and traveled to these "club" races a few times a year. They have an "amateur" race, where the speed is kept slow, and no passing is allowed. I got to drive with the owner in the other seat. It was awesome.

Haha...glad you had a good day man. :D

Driving cars like that are cool but its frustrating when its only for a few feet.

I used to haul cars on a transport. Once in a great while we would get some really nice ones.

The most memorable for me was a Panoz Roadster and a Lamborghini LM200 truck. That one was cool because it was out of fuel when I went to get it so me and the lucky ass lot boy who worked at the dealership got to take it to the gas station to get fuel. Talk about a vehicle that would get looks.

Oh...I also got to drive Phil Michelson(sp) the golfer dudes Austin Martin DB9.

We were shipping up to Utah to a place that does armor plating. He was having the whole care bullet proofed and armored for some stupid reason.

Very cool!!!
Ferrari + Valet = Ferris Bulers day off

HilltopXJ said:
Very cool!!!
Ferrari + Valet = Ferris Bulers day off

You forgot the Star Wars music playing the in background...
post-10-1116940465.gif

DrMoab said:
Driving cars like that are cool but its frustrating when its only for a few feet.

I used to haul cars on a transport. Once in a great while we would get some really nice ones.

The most memorable for me was a Panoz Roadster and a Lamborghini LM200 truck. That one was cool because it was out of fuel when I went to get it so me and the lucky ass lot boy who worked at the dealership got to take it to the gas station to get fuel. Talk about a vehicle that would get looks.

Oh...I also got to drive Phil Michelson(sp) the golfer dudes Austin Martin DB9.

We were shipping up to Utah to a place that does armor plating. He was having the whole care bullet proofed and armored for some stupid reason.

The president of my dads company bought the James Bond aston from the Goldfinger movie, he bought it on impulse, after 5 or so Manhattans, at the NY auto show in 66 I think it was. They delivered it to his estate in NJ and parked it in the driveway in front of the garages. Summertime, hot asphalt= sunk in to the frame. The car weighed like 9,000lbs or something equally silly, they had to bring in a tow truck, pick up one end and stick some steel plate under it then do the other end. He drove it a few times and said the pucker factor when trying to stop it tended to put a damper on taking it out.. but that one had real steel armour, nothing like the lightweight spaceage stuff they use now. It actually needed those twin paxton superchargers. I think he kept it for a year or so then sold it.

RichP said:
The president of my dads company bought the James Bond aston from the Goldfinger movie, he bought it on impulse, after 5 or so Manhattans, at the NY auto show in 66 I think it was. They delivered it to his estate in NJ and parked it in the driveway in front of the garages. Summertime, hot asphalt= sunk in to the frame. The car weighed like 9,000lbs or something equally silly, they had to bring in a tow truck, pick up one end and stick some steel plate under it then do the other end. He drove it a few times and said the pucker factor when trying to stop it tended to put a damper on taking it out.. but that one had real steel armour, nothing like the lightweight spaceage stuff they use now. It actually needed those twin paxton superchargers. I think he kept it for a year or so then sold it.

Did they have more that 1?
I wonder if they modified it (added weight) after they shot the mountain road scene?
goldfinger23.jpg

John B said:
Congrats, you certainly sound stoked! Now your obligated to someday own an exotic and make some other valet's day!

thats definently been a dream of mine for a while. who knows if it will ever come true tho. i forgot to tell you all about the best part: as we were getting on the freeway, there was a lamborghini murcialago (sp?) 1 car behind us. the second we hit the top of the ramp, the lambo was gone. didnt even have a chance. i'm pretty sure the only way to feel acceleration like that i to be launched off an aircraft carrier by the steam shot. oh and just in case you didnt know the atom will do 0-100 in under 8 seconds i believe.

I had an exoctic moment once. My buddy worked at this shop, and this shop did all the work on the local Mercedes Porsche Ferrari Dealership vehichles. So, I am up there visiting my friend and in the far bay sat a 2005 2DR AMG CL600 (this think was bad ass) it is sitting there after just having new tires put on. I made a brief comment to my friend, and 5 minutes later I am out test driving a brand new Benz. After about 10 minutes of driving like an old lady, my buddy gets on me and tells me to drive the car like it was meant to be driven and so he turned the traction control off on me and it was chaos from there on out.
After he turned the traction control off, all of those 588HP were noticed quickly, we were sliding around every corner intentionally and having a blast till I did a tire check on a 6" curb. That scared the S$%# out of me so we brought it back immediately. I thought I really messed it up, I thought I bought that car. When we got the car back it was amazing, not a scratch or any indication of any wear and tear, except for the passenger rear tire. There was some curb rash on it but not the rim. My friend threw on another new tire and he took it for a short trip to check it out, and it was good to go back to the dealer. I just felt like sharing this I know it was a dumb thing to do. But I dont think I'll ever own or drive a car worth more than $180. Well you only live once right?

RTicUL8 said:
Did they have more that 1?
I wonder if they modified it (added weight) after they shot the mountain road scene?
goldfinger23.jpg

No clue, other than seeing him write the check at the show and seeing it delivered, parked and getting to sit in it that was a pretty good 'wow' factor for a 13 year old.

Years ago, I had the opportunity to romp on a Corvette ZR1 a couple times. I worked in the service dept of a Chevy dealer and this car was always in for work. Some of the work was sent out to specialty shops and someone had to take the Vette across town to the various shops. The owner raced the Vette so it wasnt in great looking shape, but it was setup to run fast, and that it did.
I also worked for a Porsche dealer. I got to take acouple different Porsches around the lot but never got out on the road with them. It was frustrating.

I get to test drive some nice cars (short distances) in my job as a vehicle inspector. And I too feel like a kid in a candy store sometimes.

I recently drove an Aston Martin Vanquish with the V12 engine. That was cool just starting that thing up.

Also took a Porsche Cayenne Turbo for a drive down Pacific Coast Highway along the ocean. Sweet.

I never have driven any thing like a ferrari or a lambo, but I've driven a couple of 911's and loved every minute of it.

I have ridden in quite a few ferrari's and a couple of lambo's though when I was little. My old man used to be a mechanic at the Ferrari/Lambo/Porsche/Maserati dealer in town and he'd drive home whatever he was working on for his lunch break.......that is if he could get it running.

Working at the Chevy dealer, every now and then I'd get to move one of the new Vettes. I had to back a $70k convertible through the doors a couple times. If they had designed the sidewalk area with the idea of maneuvering cars through the doors, it would've made it a lot easier...
Got to take a used 03 Vette around the block sometimes. We parked it on the grass and I got to take it down sometimes at night. That was nice! Also used to "borrow" the 04 RX8 to go get food on occasion. That thing was a lot of fun. It'd chirp the tires all the way up to the 2-3 upshift. Ran around at 4000rpm as a leisurely pace.

BlackSport96 said:
Working at the Chevy dealer, every now and then I'd get to move one of the new Vettes. I had to back a $70k convertible through the doors a couple times. If they had designed the sidewalk area with the idea of maneuvering cars through the doors, it would've made it a lot easier...
Got to take a used 03 Vette around the block sometimes. We parked it on the grass and I got to take it down sometimes at night. That was nice! Also used to "borrow" the 04 RX8 to go get food on occasion. That thing was a lot of fun. It'd chirp the tires all the way up to the 2-3 upshift. Ran around at 4000rpm as a leisurely pace.

Way back in 65 my uncle owned a chevron station in summit NJ, he was also a hertz rental shop. That was where I got to drive my first shelby GT350H's, he had like 12 of them. They only rented out on weekends when people would rent them from friday to monday to go racing at lime rock, bridgehampton or one of the other tracks, I'd get to vacum and prep them for the next week but at 14 it was pretty cool.

Back