• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Burger in the NW?

Gold Cobra

NAXJA Forum User
My wife and I had nothing to do today, so we decided to go get a burger, and I wanted the best one we could get. I did some research (I googled "Best burger in Washington state"), and every list is different but one kept coming up, The Bunkhouse in McKenna. Since the weather was decent, we threw the cameras, and the kid in the Jeep and took off. We did a little exploring too, and my wife made me pull over so she could take pictures of whatever she thought was cool, while I used her other camera to take pictures of what I thought was cool, my Jeep.

DSC_0684.jpg

DSC_0650.jpg

DSC_0705.jpg

Getting gas near Mt Rainier:

DSC_0790.jpg

DSC_0769.jpg

Back to the point, The Bunkhouse. They have a 10" 1 pound burger "The Trail Boss", seeing as I was going to be driving 2 hours home, I opted for "The Barn Burner" instead. Excellent burger, I'll definitly be going back, although next time I'm going to have the BBQ brisket. I don't know if it was the best I've ever had, but I'd put it up there. It was about $25 for my wife and I to have dinner there, well worth it. I tried to get a good shot of my Jeep in the parking lot but it was too dark when we got there.

photo.jpg

http://www.bunkhouseburgers.com/

Where do you think the best burger in the NW is? Chains do not count, (multiple locations, i.e. Five Guys or Burgerville)

Last edited:
"Right click - Save as"

I am always up for a challenge..

another one local i like, is the "Billy the kid" burger, at Calamity jaes, 108th and halsey.. but i want to try the place you went to!

Great pic's!

I have to argue for the Markum Inn in Marquam, OR, south of Molalla.

I'd have to suggest the Double Jumbo Markum Burger, 1lb of beef plus ham, 2 cheeses, onions, lettuce, tomato and thousand island dressing. Its awesome...

TheMarkamdoublejumboburger800x600.jpg

i can feel my heart stopping just looking at it, so it must be good lol

You guys are all wrong!!!! is the Maui Wowie Burger from Jett Burger Cafe' in Camas Wa. The owner is Hawaiian and makes his own teriyaki sauce from scratch, it is amazing... I'm fat so trust me!!

We ate at this small joint on our trip around the Olympic Peninsula. I don't recall the name but they sold an "Olympic Burger". Best burger I've ever eaten.

Burger Express in Federal Way. They've got one that's two 1/3 patty's, bacon, ham, fried egg, onion ring, etc. Pretty awesome!
Yep..I agree was there sat night. They have good shakes also.
Also the Pick Quick in Fife ,It`s closed Dec and Jan but should be reopening soon.

Last edited:
Back