• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Brand of Gears

First off I will address the gear issue. I personally sell and install mostly the Yukon Gears. but i will first address the US vs import. here is my experience, Yukons come from more places than just India but India is the biggest producer for the Yukon line. not every set is the same but they all have had the same results for me, good, quiet, easy setup. Superiors are the same as yukons, they are just made in Italy. in fact they both have the same warranty, 2 years on gears and 5 on axleshafts. Superiors are also good gears but they cost a few $$$ more. I have also installed dana spicer gears with obvoiusly no problems. precision gears have given me a little trouble setting up but run fin if you want to pay for them.
fortunatly for me, my first gear install was my hardest. I installed a set of genuwine in my 94'. They were a real headache to learn on and were really tough getting a good pattern. and they are still a tad-bit noisy. they have been in for 2 years now but are comming out soon.

IMHO what it really comes down to is the installer. since I only do gears on the side i personally can't afford to do a bad setup. if I don't send you away happy then your not going to tell others good things about me. but if I do, do a good job then your going to tell others and that will keep me in business. Some of the places like 4Wheel parts, has installers that come and go. they are more pressured by work volume than quality. a good example on how good a mechanic is: watch how he tightens the lugnuts on a vehicle. does he take the time to use a torque wrench or does he just zap em with an impact gun?

now for the whole ISO thing... I hated going through it. I helped write a bunch of the procedures for my old company. but following them is an even bigger PITA. it required you to do more than double check your work. I think its good to keep a problematic company in check, but i got damn tired of filling the same order for the same customer and having to check everthing 5 times. I think it can be taken overboard by the customer.

FWIW.. I just bought 4.56 Yukons for the D30 and 44.

$390 was hard to turn down...

poppabear said:
FWIW.. I just bought 4.56 Yukons for the D30 and 44.

$390 was hard to turn down...

Where was this ????

Back