• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bent trackbar frame bracket and possibly frame?

I'd get out the measuring tape and start writing down... Check various distances from point to point on either side of the car and see if you find anything different.

jeeperzcreeperz said:
I think I would take ghost up on his offer, that thing is gonna need some work, and probally never will be the same again.

I'm in Aiken atm but will be back in Hville tomorrow. I have a 96 with the brackets in it behind my shop. If you were to come early one morning we could pull that side down and compare it to what I have at hand and make any mods that were needed. Like I said I'm closer then home but am not that close to you, and have the stuff to assist you. Including a friend that worked for jeep for many years. But from the pictures it looks like a BFH used right can fix the problem, however I think that motor bracket needs to be removed for the repair to be done right. I also have welder and steel for what ever you desire to be reinforced. Just let me know.

I use to do bodywork for a living and what I would do is straigten the frame as best as you can and then stress relieve the area surrounding the bend by striking it with a hammer at the bend. Then I would either straigten and weld back up the track arm bracket or buy a new one. I would also buy the frame reinforcement brace that RE sells to work with thier track arm bracket. Here is the link. I would have made it to RubiconExpress.com but their website is down. http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/XJ-Track-Bar-Bracket-Brace-p-955.html

Back