• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Behold! The Great Blizzard of 2007!!!

2xtreme said:
You guys had it BAD today!!!

I left for Vancouver (CA) early today and there was a trace when I left in the morning. Once I got north of Burlington it was on the freeway consistently. The bridges in Vancouver were very slick. On the way home after coming over the boarder you couldn't see any of the lanes at all. When I got to Ferndale it was a serious Ice Skating Rink!! Cars and trucks EVERYWHERE!! The freeway was blocked so I got to drive through down town Ferndale in a traffic jam. By the time I got home we had about 3-5 inches. Some of the roads are fine and some are VERY slick.

I plan on sledding tomorrow in the yard!!

Michael

You where in my county and you didn't even stop to visit. I am totally feeling snubbed.:dunno: By the way this is NOTHING like the storm in November. Very moderate by comparison.

Jeremy: They are predicting 32 mph winds and gusts up to 48mph. And I predict there will be a 6' drift in the morning where my porch used to be.:gonnablow Got to love the Frasier Valley.

BTW Jeremy you ever get tired of these Sea/Tac metro-sexual boys :kissyou: crying about their weather. :D Come to the Great White North during one of our famous Northeasters.

XJourney said:
You where in my county and you didn't even stop to visit. I am totally feeling snubbed.:dunno: By the way this is NOTHING like the storm in November. Very moderate by comparison.

Jeremy: They are predicting 32 mph winds and gusts up to 48mph. And I predict there will be a 6' drift in the morning where my porch used to be.:gonnablow Got to love the Frasier Valley.

BTW Jeremy you ever get tired of these Sea/Tac metro-sexual boys :kissyou: crying about their weather. :D Come to the Great White North during one of our famous Northeasters.

Oh yeah? Well in Alaska...

we are the Alaska

of the I-5 corridor;)

Probably got 1.5" last night in Yelm.

When I left Work in Tacompton, there was 4" accumulating on the Jeep.

Once I got to Lakewood, nothing. So I turned around and came home via Spanaway Loop. Nothing once you pass Parkland.

Out here in Yelm, Fluries off and on, all day. By the time I got home at 11, it was fun testing out the tires on the Ice.

Later
Jason

All I got around my place was about an inch of snow, and a totaled truck. $#@!in drunk drivers. Who'd a thunk it? Alcohol and snow are a bad mix...

The ambulance was for her (the drunk lady). She had just left that empty spot in front of the bar and decided to make a U-turn without looking. She's damn lucky the police got there quick, lest I got the chance to dispense some of my own justice on her...
Crash02.jpg

Guess it's back to driving my Jeep...
Crash08.jpg

Yep, damn near 6" at my house. Abandoned cars all over the place in downtown Tacoma and on I-5. If I didn't have to work today, I'd be cruising around making $$ :repair:

- Jay

XJourney said:
By the way this is NOTHING like the storm in November. Very moderate by comparison.

Yeah, that was a bad one. I had 6 foot drifts in my backyard. No Joke.

XJourney said:

The Fraser Valley wind tunnel seems to make a major difference between our weather and theirs. The wind always kicks our a$$ up here when its cold. Its 21 degrees and blowing out the NE @ 27mph.

Yeah, Laura and I were out last night clearing off the 143 northbound exit, with the help of a off duty policeman in his 'burban. We encountered the good samaratans and the a$$holes of the world, almost got ran over a couple times tryin to push/extract people. Peasley Canyon was bad too, pulled a couple people up that. Made a few bucks while we were at it :) Not that that's why we went out, but...

We were down in Tacoma when the snow started, in Laura's civic. Once we finally got home,(went past the 320th exit to 272nd, then spent an hour in traffic trying to get over to Pac Hwy to come back down south and east on 320th just to get home.) we aired down and headed out to extract as many people as we could. It was fun, and it made me feel good. Plus, i didn't have to go to school today, so that was really great. We were out last night helpin people til midnight.

adamusmc2002 said:
Yeah, Laura and I were out last night clearing off the 143 northbound exit, with the help of a off duty policeman in his 'burban. We encountered the good samaratans and the a$$holes of the world, almost got ran over a couple times tryin to push/extract people. Peasley Canyon was bad too, pulled a couple people up that. Made a few bucks while we were at it :) Not that that's why we went out, but...

We were down in Tacoma when the snow started, in Laura's civic. Once we finally got home,(went past the 320th exit to 272nd, then spent an hour in traffic trying to get over to Pac Hwy to come back down south and east on 320th just to get home.) we aired down and headed out to extract as many people as we could. It was fun, and it made me feel good. Plus, i didn't have to go to school today, so that was really great. We were out last night helpin people til midnight.
Dude! I wish you'd called me! I was out doing the same thing, would have been fun to combine forces. :D

Here are the pics!

This FJ wisely stayed home:

CIMG0360.jpg

Random huge ball of snow some drunk college kids rolled into the middle of the street. I drove over it:

CIMG0363.jpg

In front of my house:

CIMG0351.jpg

"Chillin" with Frosty:

CIMG0364.jpg

I hung out on a hill near my house for a few hours pushing and pulling idiots up the hill:

CIMG0367.jpg

CIMG0368.jpg

Random funny shots:

CIMG0317.jpg

Like Adam, I made a little money, though that was not the intent. Looks like I sold the storm short the other day! I can't remember this much snow in recent years. Sure was fun!

-----Matt-----

Last edited:
adamusmc2002 said:

SWEET. I definitely saw more wheeling rigs on the road yesterday than normal... probably half dozen early broncos, 7 or 8 land cruisers, ton of old flat fenders and cj's that you could tell NORMALLY didn't get street driven.

J

Back