• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beginnings of a Jeep Dog-

Matt,
Sorry for your loss.

Just remember all the great things you shared!!
Michael

That sucks, man. I remember when I lost my first dog. I was a wreck for days. But then you remember how much fun it was, start missing that fun, and go adopt a new dog (or two)!

Hope you're doing okay.

- Jay

XJCasper said:
Did Matt get a new rig?

Guess I have been out of it for a while.

Cute old Lady.

There is an adorable Healer/Pit mix at the Animal Shelter down on Oly.

my brother has a healer/pit mix. His name is Azog. Smart, and just kinda weird lookin! Cute tho.

Sorry for your loss, Matt. Dogs rule, losing them sucks.

losing a pet, dogs especially, are really hard. i cried when we had to put our lab down. she had diabetes, and then the kicker was we accidentally fed her some of that bad dog food before the recall came out. so after that we couldnt bear to see her suffer anymore. plus she was about 13.

My first dog (i was seven when we got her) is now almost 15, Which is pretty old for an aussie. I can't even bear to think of the day i loose her. Shes Such a sweetheart. But we have another aussie to ease her passing when the time comes.

Don't worry, things will get better. You should consider getting another heeler ( or other dog of your choice) to keep you company and keep your passenger seat warm on jeep trips.

Dogs become a part of our lives. They're like the friend thats always there for you.

Soory to hear, Matt. I've lost a ton of good ones through the years. You just have to get another to share your life with, not to take the place of the other one. No dog can ever do that.

Great lookin' dog and Jeep there,IXNAYXJ. I have 2 Pit's right now that LOVE to go with me, also. All my dogs have liked riding, just some more than others. :)

x2 on getting another dog.

i've lost a few animals but never a dog, but i know if i did i would mourn untill i got another little poop machine to help me cope and focus my attention elsewhere.

i've got a 1 year old australian shephard/coyote and a 2? year old chocolate lab/pitbull.

they thiink that they belong in the jeep more than i do for some reason...

we rarely leave them at home (not really good considering their kennel habits are nearly non existant)

but we wouldnt even think about going on a trip without them.

i just made them a doggy bed/cargo shroud for our sand trip (although i do like the idea of putting a dog bed inbetween the lower and uppers of the rear seat!!!)

only down fall is when descending a hill they tend to slide off the bed and slam into the two front seats....

they've learned that the only time they realy like riding there is two and from the destination...otherwise they generally occupy the back seat.

here's a couple pics.

pretty simple to put together.

Matt -

I am sorry. You know she is now upstairs running around like a pup with your dad keeping a watchful safe eye on you and your mom. She called me the other morning - You hang in there and come over anytime - Sabot misses his buddy.

Thanks for your thoughts, everybody. I was holding her in my arms when they gave her the shot and felt her go limp. I really think she knew it was time and was greatful; she looked very peaceful. Here she is on her last trip in the Jeep:

Abby.jpg

-----Matt-----

Sorry i'm a little late, but sorry to hear about your friend Matt. Keep her picture on the dash.

Jamez.

I also feel for you. She looked like an amazing pooch. I dread the day when my lil buddy has to leave but i know its inevitable and I try to enjoy our time together as much as I can. Hope you can cope with the loss.

Back