• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

before the crawl my junk needs.....

Updated the list:

new u-joint in front drive shaft - DONE
new driveshaft straps - DONE
new front pinion yoke - DONE
repair spring holder on drivers side DONE
repair snapped off bolt in the differential housing -DONE
Replace fluid in rear axle DONE
Repair broken track bar DONE
Get one new 31" MT DONE
Pick up spare long shaft DONE
Pick up spare short shaft DONE
Route cowl air induction system DONE
Mount new spare on factory rim
New negative battery cable
New ball joints
New tie rod to pitman arm
New tie rod to left steering knuckle
New tie rod end at the left steering knuckle
Replace Durango steering box with OEM (Maybe - if the new steering doesn't fix what needs fixin')
Replace front skid plate
Oil change
Install some hockey pucks

Cage needs more tube
Reinforce the bottom plates
5pt harnesses (Ordering this weekend)
Limit straps
Go over the fluids
Come up with some way for my tools and junk to npt fall out without doors on

It doesn't seem like our list is getting any smaller.

Gas tank skid
T-case skid
OBA
T-case swap for she
Radiator
Bump stops
Rear brakes
Rear bumper
Oil change

I need to install front locker and pull front LSD
Install cage
Install rear discs....
Probably more

Done with most of the list...got the inserts welded into my tie rod Monday...drilled the knuckles to 3/4" and installed it last night. Peace of mind having a straight tie rod and one much less likely to bend in the first place.

Got the EGT and trans temp gauges installed in the new to me tow pig. Also put new tires on it and had the front end aligned. Expecting a fuel control actuator today as I think the original is going out (20 min job) and a spare lift pump just in case.

So other than getting my winch plate welded to the brackets and then installing the winch itself...all I should have left to do is to have trailer ramps made and start sleeping less and less since I'm getting more and more excited to go!!

I have made lots of progress!

Front and rear shocks DONE
Beadlocks DONE
Artec truss DONE
Dana 44 lube locker DONE

In the process of relocating winch box and cutting out front crossmember for the new bumper.

STILL NEED TO DO!!
Install new bumper
Limit straps
Install bucket seats

The rest of the crap can suck it. Haha.

I think I'll make a new list..... fix PS issues without getting a loan.....
fix brake issues......
New seat pan.....

that is my must do list..... LOL!

Put another box on after getting it drilled and tapped. Power steering does not appear to be popping and creaking.
Bleed the brakes and adjusted the proportioning valve. The rear seem to be locking down a little better. Still need to put a new seat pan in and build a spare front shaft if I can find one to hack or retube. I'd like to put some xj front seats in the back but that might have to wait till after the crawl.

Hey Glenn, if I manage to get my buckets in you can have my seats for $20? They are 2door seats.

Hey Glenn, if I manage to get my buckets in you can have my seats for $20? They are 2door seats.

I could use a set of 2 door seats in my storage trailer.... If you get them in bring them down and I'll take them!

Sweet, I'll have to have someone to fabricate brackets to get them in. I just refuse to buy $400 in seat brackets. I'll let you know

Sweet, I'll have to have someone to fabricate brackets to get them in. I just refuse to buy $400 in seat brackets. I'll let you know

You can almost go to lowe's and buy a welder and do it yourself for that amount!

Ha right? I'll bug my neighbor once I get the new bumper on. See if he can help.

What type of seats do you have? I spent about 30 minutes and made seat adapters so that my Corbeau Baja SS seats fit on my OEM seat brackets. Super simple install.

Yeah, it's really easy. I used some 2"x1/4" flat stock and some 1" square tubing. Welded it into an "H" with 2 middle legs. I guess it was more of a "#" with the side legs chopped off. Drilled 8 holes and bolted it all together.

I followed this write up more or less to do what Andy is talking about.

Tight fit, but worth it and the 5pts keep you in the seat very well.

Back