• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BB's in the tires

Re: It works! Dynabead / Counteract / Airsoft

I did some research on these as well. Some things I learned:
- They won't balance well below 35-40 mph....

True statement. Though I have yet to note any balance related effects going that slow unless I left my rig aired down overnight and had the cold tire take a few minutes to round out.

I think you will like them. I also tried running more than was recommended but did not find it made things any better, it seemed to take longer to sort out so to speak.

Am i the only one that found the 'kids vacuum cleaner toy' sound really annoying?

Hehe Now that was funny - No buddy, I can't hear it over the motor. ;)

I run the heavier air soft bbs (.20 grams?) from Walmart in my 36 tsl radials, and they're great! However, using the tire/grams chart online, I put in the recommended amount in my much smaller 225/60 r16s on silverado rims (on my 720 datsun kc truck) and found that above 60, one or two wheels are way off, sending off a bunch of vibes.

I'm contemplating just adding more bbs to those to tires and see if that fixes it.

Soo nice not to have to pay someone to externally balance your tires though, for sure.

BTW, on my 86 xj, I'm running 37/12.50 R16 Maxxis Creepies on steel beadlocks, no balancing, and they're vibe free at 75 mph! Go figure

Back