• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

battery for winch

userbmx1315 said:
875 cold cranking amps, 1000 cranking amps, 165 reserve compacity. is this big enough?

Should be. Unless you're pulling up a mountain or doing a free rappel with your rig, the average winch pull seems to be 5-10 minutes (I could be wrong - it's more a feeling I get than an actual calculation.)

165Ah means it can supply 165 amperes for one hour before going flat. Multiply/divide this out - figuring a 10-minutes pull, that comes out to be 165A x 6 or 990A for ten minutes. Most winches draw under 600.

Plenty of capacity.

userbmx1315 said:
875 cold cranking amps, 1000 cranking amps, 165 reserve capacity. is this big enough?
Probably is large enough for general duty and light winching duty. Remember not to use the side posts if your battery is so equipped.
Fissed your spellinzs two.

a guy on nc 4x4 has one says never installed for $65. my alt light came on the other night while winching out. so i stopped for a min to let it build back up. then went back at it, my 8274 has pulled me out 3 times so far and the last time the light has came on twice in the same pull

Back