• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bass Harbor, Maine -- Head Count

maineiac said:
what time do you guys plan on going on a trail ride? i may come up on sat morning with the kids . my wife is working so i wont be able to stay for lobster

Prolly 11ish??

I need to know what ya'llwant as far as difficulty on the trail ride as well.

maineiac said:
what time do you guys plan on going on a trail ride? i may come up on sat morning with the kids . my wife is working so i wont be able to stay for lobster

Please join us for as long as you can. The point of this was to have an opportunity for people in the New England part of our chapter region to get together and meet each other. If we only see the folks we've already met, it'll be a nice weekend but we won't have accomplished anything. If you have friends with XJs or MJs, bring them, too.

TOZOVR said:
Prolly 11ish??

I need to know what ya'llwant as far as difficulty on the trail ride as well.

Old Faithful is still at stock height, and unless I resolve the current difficulty within the next 48 hours will not have any skid plates, so I vote for easy to light moderate. We'll all be a long way from home, so I don't think anyone wants to see how many parts they can break.

Eagle said:
Please join us for as long as you can. The point of this was to have an opportunity for people in the New England part of our chapter region to get together and meet each other. If we only see the folks we've already met, it'll be a nice weekend but we won't have accomplished anything. If you have friends with XJs or MJs, bring them, too.

Yeah...There may be the odd Grand Cherokee or Land Rover as well :D

I'll be there, either in a MJ or a Suburban. I'll bring my entire woodpile (can't take it to Saint Louis, and my fireplace is gas so it won't do the new owners any good!) I'll see if I can still get any corn down here (my father in law would know, he works with farmers.) I can bring my propane stove for cooking the beans... just cut the tops off the cans, heat and serve. I think I'd like 1 lobster and 1 lb. of steamers.

Awesome!! Mark's coming!!!

Also maybe think about paper plates, napkins and silverware

:mad:
it looks like i wont be there this weekend.. my best freind had a death in the family friday, and now it looks like another in the next few days... :( i cant leave him in the dust.. have a great time.. i'll see you all soon enough..
mike

just making sure I'm good on the count here.

Mark (lawnchero)
Eagle
Me
Grizz
Jalbaum
Greyson (with John)
Maniac?

i have a cabin reserved.. im gonna call tommorow and cancel it... so its up for grabs for anyone who didnt get one..
mike

Well seing as how the world series won't be in Boston I will be there for sure, I will be bringing myself and the lady so will prolly need 1 lobster. Whens everyone showing up ? I don't think I can get there before saterday at 9 or 10 am

Sorry to hear that mike. Be there for your friend, that's what friends are for.

I'll grab the soda in mike's place as long as everyone doesn't mind "Sam's". Guess since there's been no input on the potatoes i'll just do what ever i have time for before i leave.

Moto!

Eagle is going to be the advanced guard arriving Thurs...most of the rest of us around Fri Evening....we're planning on meeting in Ellsworth Sat AM with Brett for the trailride. That may be better for you and then you can come back to the CG with us.

I have lots of paper plates left over from previous NAC catered events, and I'll bring a roll of paper towels for napkins. This is gonna be fun!

Lawn Cher' said:
I have lots of paper plates left over from previous NAC catered events, and I'll bring a roll of paper towels for napkins. This is gonna be fun!

Bringing the boss?

Kel is coming.

Don't forget warm stuff folks!

Just me this time...

Jen is already living in Saint Louis, which is why I'm able to travel up there at all. She had to start her new job on October 10th, and she took Zandi with her, so I've been all alone here for a couple of weeks now.

Do you know if there is any fishing to be had this time of year? I can bring several rods if anyone is interested... I just have no clue as to what may be running.

Re: Just me this time...

Lawn Cher' said:
Jen is already living in Saint Louis, which is why I'm able to travel up there at all. She had to start her new job on October 10th, and she took Zandi with her, so I've been all alone here for a couple of weeks now.

Do you know if there is any fishing to be had this time of year? I can bring several rods if anyone is interested... I just have no clue as to what may be running.

To quote dad...
not much ,,only a little salt water for mackeral and pollack.. you will get some action but not the best eating

I am bringing a rod or two as well (both fenwicks are actually still in the truck from the last trip I DIDN'T take LOL!

Moto --

TOZOVR previously indicated we'd be heading out on the trail ride about 11:00 on Saturday. Meeting up in Ellsworth would save you about a half hour if you plan to come in Saturday morning. Figure 200 miles and about 4 hours from the Maine border, plus whatever it takes you to get to Portsmouth.

RJ --

Where are we meeting in Ellsworth? The shopping center lot on Route 1 behind the McDonalds seems like a good candidate to me if you don't have a better place in mind. It's on the main road (no pun intended) for those coming in on Saturday, and convenient to food, gas, and film -- what more could we ask?

well theres been a change of plans, the little lady decided shes wants a lobster and a pound of clams, im still a no go on the lobster

Back