• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ballistic Fab

"sc redneck" has the same attitude that ballistic did when i walked in no offense, the attitude about people not dropping 50,000 on a KOH truck or a full custom build not being serious offroaders is BS, The Entire off road industry is forged by entry level,mild and weekend warrior offroaders, on ballistics site they have 3 steering setups that work with my d30 with mild alteration,

I'm pretty sure Ballistic Dave is banned from this forum. Their whole company has been banned from Pirate4x4 for their crappy customer service.

Their DOM steering kits will work fine for a D30. They are shipped as pieces, so the customer can put them on any axle they want to. I was going to order their kit but couldn't get any answers about it, so I bought the Ruff Stuff kit instead.

For anyone saying their customer service is so good, please tell Ballistic Dave to ship me my order.

Purchased a few random tabs and spacers from them. I had a bunch of PM's on here with Dave, he sent me a price and I paypaled him money back at the end of July... I still havent received any parts. The first excuse was their laser cutter went down and they were trying to find a new one. Well then why can't you ship me the machined spacers that you said were sitting on the shelf? I emailed Dave asking about my order and he said he was out for a week due to a family funeral, gave me the laser excuse, then said some of my parts were shipping. Weeks later I emailed again when nothing showed up. He told me he was now recovering from surgery, then said they didnt have any paypal money from me. I sent him the paypal code and haven't heard anything in a week.

I ordered their D30 truss back in the day and recently installed it. Received it quickly and it fit great. They have the best parts on everything but for some reason their service went straight downhill and was never to be found again. It's completely bullshit.

hasta
Look under vendor giveaways. Ballistic has not been banned here.

Save your self from utter disappointment from Ballistic at the moment. I would suggest that you get in touch with Dan at RuffStuff and talk to him about your steering needs, or PSC.. I have had good luck with Ballistic Fab in the past, but lately its a crap shoot.

Save your self from utter disappointment from Ballistic at the moment. I would suggest that you get in touch with Dan at RuffStuff and talk to him about your steering needs, or PSC.. I have had good luck with Ballistic Fab in the past, but lately its a crap shoot.

Agreed, Dan helped me even when I didn't buy anything for him. But when its time to bling out my 8.8 i'm calling him! :D

Because I can't afford that! :D IF I go big its gonna be a buggy with a 60/14 combo under it! :D

Just heard back from ballistic fab about the y link kit here's the email he sent,

"If you can ream your knuckles to 7/8" then yes it will fit. For some reason I was under the impression that there was not enough material to remove on the D30 axles however. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks"

So a little improvement !
Does anyone see an issue with reaming to 7/8 on the stock d30???

Their DOM steering kits will work fine for a D30. They are shipped as pieces, so the customer can put them on any axle they want to. I was going to order their kit but couldn't get any answers about it, so I bought the Ruff Stuff kit instead.

For anyone saying their customer service is so good, please tell Ballistic Dave to ship me my order.

Purchased a few random tabs and spacers from them. I had a bunch of PM's on here with Dave, he sent me a price and I paypaled him money back at the end of July... I still havent received any parts. The first excuse was their laser cutter went down and they were trying to find a new one. Well then why can't you ship me the machined spacers that you said were sitting on the shelf? I emailed Dave asking about my order and he said he was out for a week due to a family funeral, gave me the laser excuse, then said some of my parts were shipping. Weeks later I emailed again when nothing showed up. He told me he was now recovering from surgery, then said they didnt have any paypal money from me. I sent him the paypal code and haven't heard anything in a week.

I ordered their D30 truss back in the day and recently installed it. Received it quickly and it fit great. They have the best parts on everything but for some reason their service went straight downhill and was never to be found again. It's completely bullshit.

hasta

Thanks for posting your recent experience after the "we're fixing it" period.

Thanks for posting your recent experience after the "we're fixing it" period.

no prob

im all about supporting ballistic and every other company out there its not about the mistakes you make its about how you fix them. ive had issues with RC as well but they came around just like ballistic

Thanks to dave @ Ballistic Fab for getting back to me and clarifying the info.

i know yall build some crazy custom KOH killers but try to understand the daily driving off roader as well thanks again

So I went in to ballistic fab and i have to say I'm very disappointed I went in looking for steering options and I'll admit I don't know too much about them but instead of giving me options they just made fun off the Dana 30 for 15 mins about how shitty it is and that I should just get rid of It, my XJ is first and formost a daily driver they didn't want to understand that so a giant thumbs down for making me feel like I wasn't adequate in the off road world not everyone has the money to swap in a Dana 44 so sad to say but you guys fail at customer service I will be calling ruff stuff and spending my money out of state instead of supporting a local business

walked in and spoke with a guy at the front desk.someone else was in the at the same time and they both started doggin on my dana 30, i know a dana 30 isn't the best but there are tons of upgrades out there to make it a more efficient steering they didnt have to talk trash about my xj i am doing the best i can within my budget and having a baby on the way

Did they trash talk YOUR XJ or an axle that they may have had the same that did not work out for them?

If I were you, I'd contact Dave @ Ballistic through here. He's said a few times that if anyone has any problems with service received, let him know and he will do everything he can to fix it.

funny you say that i "like" them on facebook and he posted his email up there so i sent him an email asking if the chevy 1 ton y link will work on my truck and asking him what he recommends ill keep you guys posted as i know they are a NAXJA supporter, i Really want to use them hence they are in tucson and only about 20-30 mins away from my house :cry:

I am glad to hear this went from no bueno to somewhat better. I am going to be having a staff meeting later today actually, so this was the perfect time for me to come upon this thread.

I want to apologize if anyone here made you feel badly. I believe (only speculation) they were trying in a twisted sort of way to advise you on the axle. The method used is not appropriate and I will address this with all members of the staff.

I am no longer on the forums daily. With the departure of PBB, I have begun not spending a lot of time on the forums. As far as other vendors go, I don't know anything about any of them; therefore I have nothing to say either way, but we will certainly do our best to help you out.

I encourage all of you to shoot me an email or call me if there is a problem. I have been in and out lately due to another surgery. For those of you keeping track it is number 6 and I am going in for another next week.

When I am out of the office my mobile phone is typically on and with me. I try to answer at the time of a call, but can't always when I am driving or if I am in surgery obviously. LOL!

Regardless, any issue...please call or email ANYTIME! Believe me it works! I tried this method the other day at Walgreens...had a problem, asked, was told no, asked for a manager...problem fixed. I try to be the same way with folks.

Anthony, I am glad to hear Allen was able to get you the answer you needed, I believe you and I spoke of this on FB also. Please let me know if there is anything further you need.

If you wish to call me on my mobile...please visit http://www.ballisticdave.blogspot.com for a link that will connect you to my mobile phone anytime, day or night.

I am glad to hear this went from no bueno to somewhat better. I am going to be having a staff meeting later today actually, so this was the perfect time for me to come upon this thread.

I want to apologize if anyone here made you feel badly. I believe (only speculation) they were trying in a twisted sort of way to advise you on the axle. The method used is not appropriate and I will address this with all members of the staff.

I am no longer on the forums daily. With the departure of PBB, I have begun not spending a lot of time on the forums. As far as other vendors go, I don't know anything about any of them; therefore I have nothing to say either way, but we will certainly do our best to help you out.

I encourage all of you to shoot me an email or call me if there is a problem. I have been in and out lately due to another surgery. For those of you keeping track it is number 6 and I am going in for another next week.

When I am out of the office my mobile phone is typically on and with me. I try to answer at the time of a call, but can't always when I am driving or if I am in surgery obviously. LOL!

Regardless, any issue...please call or email ANYTIME! Believe me it works! I tried this method the other day at Walgreens...had a problem, asked, was told no, asked for a manager...problem fixed. I try to be the same way with folks.

Anthony, I am glad to hear Allen was able to get you the answer you needed, I believe you and I spoke of this on FB also. Please let me know if there is anything further you need.

If you wish to call me on my mobile...please visit http://www.ballisticdave.blogspot.com for a link that will connect you to my mobile phone anytime, day or night.

Where is your responce on my problem dave?

As stated, I don't spend a great deal of time on the forums any longer, so if there is an issue and you want to have me help please email me or call me.

I have gone as far as providing access to my personal cell phone and I have posted in your other thread. Please contact me at your convenience. Dave

Last edited:
I'm getting real tired of hearing people bash on ballistic because they don't carry exactly the part they want, or because somethings backordered and takes a while. I've had nothing but great service from ballistic, with at least 1/2 dozen orders.

The reason they don't have anything for a d30 is because they specialize in custom parts for serious offroaders, not bolt on pieces for mild rigs with stock suspensions.

The steering systems they carry all require welding for custom applications, and use spherical ends which aren't always the best for a daily driver. I'm not sure you can even get one from them with a bore small enough to work with a d30 knuckle, I know the steering arm on them isn't even all that large.

I'd consider something like a JCR or Rustys steering upgrade that's already purpose built for your little d30.

What point are you tying to make here? Just because we have 30's mean where not serious offroaders??? Really? Maybe some of us dont have the money to spend on a 44, or a 60 or whatever, dosent mean we arnt serious. I have done some trails on a 30 that buggies do. Theres a guy on the forum that did the ultimate adventure on a 30! He had the smallest axle and wheeled the piss out of it fallowing everyone with 60's and custom axles. Dont say just cuz we run a 30 dont mean we can wheel serious!

Matt, I'm a serious offroader and I have a 30.........what point are you trying to make? He is in the same boat as me. I'm building mine to be a DD/weekend warrior. Yeah, its mainly a weekend warrior now that I have a stock XJ to drive but i wheel it, sometimes pretty hard. It will eventually end uip with a 44. I've already decided if i'm building something huge, I'm building a buggy with a big ass motor and a 60/14 combo.

X2 :cheers:

spoke with dan at ruff stuff great guy ill be ordering soon

There a great company! Just ordered from them for the first time this week. And got my parts in 3 days. Couldn't of been better. Wouldent even have to think twice about buying from them again!! 2 thumbs up!

Thank you dave ill be placing my order this week and i really appreciate the response i understand issues happen thanks again

Not all that crazy. And it happened pretty shortly after talking to Dave on here, correct?

Vendor feedback forum to the rescue! ;)

Back