• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Badlands Sept 27

BlkXJ21

NAXJA Forum User
Well, it's finally time! I've been a member on here for about six months now, an XJ owner for about 8 and I have yet to go anywhere with it (WAY too many time commitments). Anyway, I've decided to take my 10 year old son out the weekend of 9/27 to get the truck dirty! I'm probably going to drive out Saturday morning, get my feet wet (well, more so my truck), spend the night camping (suggestions???), then more wheeling on Sunday. SO, if anyone is planning on going out there Saturday and wouldn't mind hangin out with a newbie, pm me your number and we'll try to hook up.

Decision made! I will definetely stick around and join you. Got the PM, I'll give you a holler Sunday morn to get ETA. Thanks!

Yea im up for that i had sat planned anyway but i may just wait sun and def show up sun! I read that JeepsGoneWild plan be there round 10 or 11 indiana time. I plan on being there. I pm u blkxj21 give u my number so we can meet up.

No worries; I actually just bought myself a YJ this week as my "toy". I still plan on bring the XJ this weekend since the YJ is still pretty stock. Anyway, (as you all can probably tell by the name) I'll be in a black XJ, Safari rack, probably going slower than most (remember, 1st time!!!). Hopefully, I'll learn a bit, get dirty and have some fun! I look forward to meeting all of you!

As a side note, the one thing I still have not gotten was a D-ring for the rear hitch reciever. I've been told Cabela's in Hammond has them, so I may take a quick detour on the way out. If anyone going out there has an extra one they wouldn't mind unloading, let me know. Thanks!!

Right on i be there in the morn. I have a camo xj it mostly brown now with fullsize axles and boggers. cant wait meet u guys. i call u when i get there jason. see ya all tom!!!

Ok, so the addiction has begun! We just got back from Badlands a couple of hours ago. Man, what an experience! I did things with my truck I never imagined I would try, let alone accomplish! I hooked up with Jeeps Gone Wild (25 drivers!!!); broke off with a handful of guys (mostly XJ's) doing the quarry, some dunes, drivin through the creek, etc, etc. I know more experienced drivers in better rigs could do ALOT more than I did (I saw plenty), but for me, it was perfect. I met alot of great people, got the truck dirty and had plenty of fun with my son. The only broken part was a flagpole (I guess I need bigger than the 1/4" they sell, eh???). Anyway, my curiosity has now become an addiction!

Ok, so the addiction has begun! We just got back from Badlands a couple of hours ago. Man, what an experience! I did things with my truck I never imagined I would try, let alone accomplish! I hooked up with Jeeps Gone Wild (25 drivers!!!); broke off with a handful of guys (mostly XJ's) doing the quarry, some dunes, drivin through the creek, etc, etc. I know more experienced drivers in better rigs could do ALOT more than I did (I saw plenty), but for me, it was perfect. I met alot of great people, got the truck dirty and had plenty of fun with my son. The only broken part was a flagpole (I guess I need bigger than the 1/4" they sell, eh???). Anyway, my curiosity has now become an addiction!
Good to hear that, that's what it's all about. Hope to see you at Winterfest!

Saw the trip report on JeepForum (yes I lurk over there, mainly for the classifieds and trip reports :illegalflipoffsmiley: ) Glad you had a good time, it's a whole different ballgame in the snow at Winterfest, but still a blast.

I was in the quarry testing on sunday...saw a bunch of XJs...but didn't know who anyone was and was trying to make sure my junk was going to stay together...looks like you had a good time!

mac 'more tubes less sheet metal' gyvr

I was in the quarry testing on sunday...saw a bunch of XJs...but didn't know who anyone was and was trying to make sure my junk was going to stay together...looks like you had a good time!

They sure as hell wouldn't have guessed that you were a fellow XJer!

I saw you out there when I was heading out. Looked like you guys were having an axle issue with the other buggy so didn't stop to bother you. heh
The XJ's looking pretty sweet.

yeah...rosco had an issue with the rear axle...(SUPRISE)

we got it going and ran some more...before he broke it again...

mac 'didn't turn a wrench on mine...but added some dents' gyvr

Back