• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Badlands...........OCTOBER 2nd

Glad I pulled out when I did, got a call today turns out I have to go spend 400 on a water heater for the rental...........

You guys have fun.

Myself and Jeesejeepin will be there saturday morning and camping thru on saturday evening. Anybody got an extra beer or two :D.
cardboard

Yes the race is 7pm to midnight

walking out the door as we speak...whoop whoop!!!

last year we observed from the side of the campground.
we saw MacGyver throwing sparks in the darkening skies.
what was it Mac, a knuckle?

BOB

Kind of last minute, BOB, but Neal said he is going and he'll have the turkey fryer ready to go. Not sure if you have time or if you wanted to get a bird or not. I have tomorrow afternoon off so I can grab one pretty easy.

Getting excited... hopefully the Jeep still starts.

its pouring rain here, hope you guys stay dry for the race

have fun

we left the campground around 6pm.
too many rain showers and it was getting cool.
ir rained on and off all the way home, so, I guess it was the right decision.
Camping last night wasn't bad at all.
that was the most people I've ever seen in the campground!

it was good to see a few of you guys.
great Jeepin day today.

BOB

I was quite surprised of the number of XJs and ZJs that were racing up there. I was quite shocked when there was like a minute and a half of silence, no trucks going through the bowl, then you hear something loud and high in the RPMs coming from a distance, when out of nowhere the minigyver takes a leap of fate down into the bowl, soars through the air, slams the ground and bursts into a smoke cloud from the busted oil pan that the front diff had just hammered into, not only that, but that he still attempted to drive it up the hill and out of the bowl, needless to say, it didnt make it

I was quite surprised of the number of XJs and ZJs that were racing up there. I was quite shocked when there was like a minute and a half of silence, no trucks going through the bowl, then you hear something loud and high in the RPMs coming from a distance, when out of nowhere the minigyver takes a leap of fate down into the bowl, soars through the air, slams the ground and bursts into a smoke cloud from the busted oil pan that the front diff had just hammered into, not only that, but that he still attempted to drive it up the hill and out of the bowl, needless to say, it didnt make it

What! Mac broke something? :D Glad you guys had fun, sorry I couldn't make it.

The jeep is not his, its Brian's, one of his friends. It was a nice jump though

What! Mac broke something? :D Glad you guys had fun, sorry I couldn't make it.

Great time!

Bob it only rained for about 20 minutes and was clear the rest of the night you should've stayed for the campfire!

Minigyver is a zj that a buddy of mine built to trec race. The joke is that he looks like he could be my brother so we run with it and he had a sticker made for his jeep. Ill post the link to the jump of the video when I can I know at least one person got it on video.

The minigyvr zj with trashed motor from the jump actually drove out of the sand bowl under its own power to the trailer. Oh and grace was riding with him too! She had a blast!

I also wheeled all day Friday with a naxja kat named racecar...he also bought lesslimited old xj...we ripped the exhaust off on it on pink trail...ill post pics later.

Had a goodtime wheelin with john bjorn too, 96classic his ls1 is sweet in the xj...and his ultimate adventure stories make me very jealous...

Bob, craig, chaz, go slow get silly was good to hang with you guys too!

mac 'truck camper is nearly winterfest tested!!!' gyvr

Ya had a blast also. My mystery front flat ended up being a cut side wall, so little took soapy water to find.

Great time!
...I also wheeled all day Friday with a naxja kat named racecar...he also bought lesslimited old xj...we ripped the exhaust off on it on pink trail...ill post pics later.

mac 'truck camper is nearly winterfest tested!!!' gyvr

Glad to see he's carrying on the tradition with the old jeep. I ripped the exhaust off the last two times I wheeled it :D

Glad to see he's carrying on the tradition with the old jeep. I ripped the exhaust off the last two times I wheeled it :D

Yes, the tradition lives on.
img5828f.jpg

And a shout out to macgyvr and chaz for leading the trail ride Friday, and also for introducing me to fire roasted twinkies.

A few more

img5808i.jpg

img5800l.jpg

img5801p.jpg

img582555.jpg

haha, way to go racecar! Can't let us down!

Awesome weekend all around! Got to take a newbie out and scare him a bit by almost flopping the Jeep, got to hang out with the always-great MWC crew, met some new people around the campfire, and got motivated to start working on the Jeep again.

BOB, sorry you and Dawn had to leave early. The turkey was worth staying for. :D We'll make sure to cook another one next time we're all out together.

Back