• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Badlands/Attica Memorial Day weekend

philagony94xj

NAXJA Forum User
I am planning on goin to the Badlands the weekend of Memorial Day. I am just throwing this out there so if anyone else who wants to go soon can meet up.

I am gonna be there only one day though, people i am bringing can only be out for one day. Saturday is the day. (that way if something breaks i have the rest of the weekend to fix it!)

I know this is almost last minute stuff but should be enough of advance that planning can take place.

FYI: this is not a Naxja event of any kind, just a chance to maybe meet some of the local Naxjaers from the area. :wave1:

PHIL :peace:

If we don't go the previous weekend I would be up for that Saturday of Memorial day weekend. Everyone just taking jeeps or any quads ?

well i am taking my XJ and friends would be taking dirt bikes. Maybe one of my friends might take his quad.

If I can get my rear towpoints and a few other necessities in place by then I would be up for it; but it will be a long shot (lack of time and money). I would only run Green; not sure what you are looking at as far as trails go.

I think i could make it that weekend for saturday. Will probably get there friday nite and head home sunday morning.

As for the trails i was thinking mostly Green, but if time and vehicles permit maybe some "light" Orange might work as well.

I am sure we could get a good crowd, i know there's alot of people who couldnt make Winterfest (as i am one of them) and this is a chance to meet up with some "local guys".

I am excited to get out this year seeing as i was at 2" and 30"A/Ts last year. I have stepped it up this year a little bit.

I might be able to get one or two more Jeeps to come along, they are just local guys by me who arent part of any clubs but just want to get out wheeling.

I'm still undecided - supposedly a powerwagon group is going but they can't decide on a date yet. I'll keep an eye on this post - if I do show it will be Saturday when they open. I'll be towing my XJ down - 33's, locker, and winch.

Well its sounding like they have decided on the 17th, but I may try to slide a second trip down with you guys the next weekend. Course this will depend on funding though - lol.

As of right now tentative 3-4 Jeeps, maybe some quads.

Just depends if people havent already made plans for that weekend.

As it is written, "the more the merrier".

Is anybody planning on camping friday or saturday nite? I think that if you have got stock exhaust you can wheel later than 5 if i am correct.

im pretty sure you can wheel till close no matter what exhaust you have. i was just there last weekend with my quad and the never said anything about that.

Also, the weekend that you guys are going they are open till 9 on saturday.

Hey Ben what kind of campground are you getting - are you guys bringing the camper, or using tents. I am going to try and persuade the PW guys to go Memorial day weekend, and if they do I will be camping Saturday night (hopefully) - just wonder how packed it will be on that weekend.

89eliminator said:
im pretty sure you can wheel till close no matter what exhaust you have. i was just there last weekend with my quad and the never said anything about that.

Also, the weekend that you guys are going they are open till 9 on saturday.

I knew they kept it open later some weekends, just wasn't sure which ones they were and when it started. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like i need to Finish my H4 upgrade w/ wiring harness so i can stay later.

I also heard that Badlands is under new management that started in April if i'm not mistaken. So it will be interesting to see what has changed.

hey eliminator, if you have been there before this last weekend, do could you tell if anything had changed? Entry Fee higher or the same?

Prices are the same.
New owners are fantastic.
Park is noticably cleaner, with less scree in the rock gardens and better markings.
Purgatory has many more line options, and the rest of the quarry has been cleaned up a bit.
Overall, I am impressed, and I have made the trip 4 times now this year, and am going again tomorrow.
:chef:

bgcntry72 said:
Prices are the same.
New owners are fantastic.
Park is noticably cleaner, with less scree in the rock gardens and better markings.
Purgatory has many more line options, and the rest of the quarry has been cleaned up a bit.
Overall, I am impressed, and I have made the trip 4 times now this year, and am going again tomorrow.
:chef:

Good to hear.
Thanks for the update Scott.:thumbup:

scree?
New word for me, I had to look it up.:dunce:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scree

Well ed i was planning on camping at the campground right outside the badlands. That way i don't have to load the jeep on the trailer a whole bunch. Plus it is only like $7 to tent camp so its cheap. You should tell them to come memorial day weekend.

Hey i just remembered, my truck says powerwagon on it. You think they'd let me in with you guys?:clap:

Yeah I'm trying to get the few that can still go to try and go memorial day weekend instead. If I do go I'll be there by opening on Saturday - if the other PW's follow we may play in the quarry with them for a bit and hit a few trails. That should only be a few hours - then hit it with the jeep for the fun stuff.

Back