• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back to the Exhaust

xjmania

NAXJA Forum User
Well fellas...Im runnin dual exhaust on my Jeep as well and love it. Im running a single inlet, dual outlet Mellowtone muffler with 3 1/2" inch tips. Just a word from the dual exhaust wise...go with 3" or small tips. This is even after you suffer through the routing issues that the driver side pipe will cause you. It just takes a little while to get the pipe bent. Here are some pics for your enjoyment.

100_0475.jpg

100_0476.jpg

DSC01120.jpg

I'll get some pics of the routing tomorrow.

Good lord, not again.

In on post #2 baby!

Hale

Haha, also...unless you just want that second pipe hangin there, just get a ince sounding single outlet and spend the money on the suspension. Thats what really matters...right, right guys? Or spend the 40 dollars that you woulda spent on the second pipe for a one soft 8 or d window. Trust me. I knew you'd see it my way lol.

Hmm, have fun if getting those leaf spring bolts off of those shackles should you need to take the leafs out.

MY GOD....

My first post in my thread was right!!

But i also love my duals =-O

Prepare to get flamed by the single cut off turndown exhaust believers.

Looks good man!

To each thier own, some people have a hard time believing that you can wheel in other places than the rocks. :cheers:

Any pictures of how your routed it.. ?? I wouldn't mind seeing how your did it.. When I first bought my Jeep, and I had great dreams of having dual tips.. I took it into the shop put it on the hoist. but was quickly discouraged in regards as to how I was going to get it there without sacrificing something.

Since then I have spent most of my time welding my current exaust system back together after smashing it off. Give us some underbody shots, and sound clips. Prease.

This might have been covered in the other thread (too much reading hurts my brain), you should at least make a heat shield for the driver side of the gas tank as the 97+ ones are plastic. Just a heads up.

i think that there are those big heatshields on it for a reason.. gas is scary good luck!

Back