• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Azzy's Design Works XJ Gauge Inserts

Renegade_Azzy

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone! I've have signed up here on NAXJA as a supporter at the request of a few customers. Been a long time lurker, before I got into the buisness of designing offroad accessories and apparel.

So what do I have to offer the members here? Our main product line is a way to customize your XJ's gauge cluster, make it easier to read, and possibly add some extra flair or a logo.

These gauge faces for 89-96 XJs (with full gauges, 97+ are coming soon!) are printed on a Mylar based micro-porous tear resistant film using a long lasting UV resistant 12 color process. In fact, we've tested these sitting in the elements and the material and prints survived high winds and a storm with no ill effect. They are then hand cut and checked against templates to make sure they leave us ready to install in your dash.

I created this set because I wanted better looking gauges for my XJ, and thought that the other options out there were alright, but lacking in both material and look. The bright white background makes them easier to see in both daylight, night ambient light, and even with the stock lighting.

Our current offerings:
Sample001v2.JPG

Sample002v2.JPG

Sample003v2.JPG

And yes, we got you covered in places that measure in big numbers with lots of zeros:

Sample001Mv1.JPG

$25/set plus free shipping to the US and Canada* Easily changes the look of your interior and the usefulness of your stock gauge set in a short time. Ready to go, basic install takes under an hour, no cutting required. To order check out our website, http://AzzysDesignWorks.com/ Contact us a [email protected]

How do they look installed?

First, ambient light (center dome light):
AZCinstall_night.JPG

Nikon D40, 2.5 second exposure, 6.3 fstop, ISO 400

~30% adjustment on the light switch:
AZCinstall_nightmed.JPG

Full lighting (stock bulbs):
AZCinstall_nighthi.JPG

And daytime:
AZCinstall_day.JPG

MADE IN THE USA!
(Finleyville, PA to be exact)​

(disclaimer: These are not claimed to be calibrated or correct speedometer issues stemming from drive-line / tire changes. See laws in your state regarding use, suggested for off-road use only)
*Shipping rates differ outside of continental US. PM me to discuss.

I am also in the business of logo design for clubs and organizations. With 10+ years of graphic development experience (with work in use at the Library of Congress and the J Edgar Hoover Building) in the sign industry, it is only natural to reach out to my hobbies. Let me know if I can help your organization or business!

I also have a growing range of designs for stickers and t-shirts:

You get it. The trail is harsh. That last rock ate your fenders, your skid barely hangs on after some mud pit tried to pull you down into the earth, and the sun is beating down with your rad begging to explode. The sum total of a months work is twisted, scratched, and busted in more places than should be possible.

You’re dirty, low on gas, and could use a drink… but you made it through. And your coming back next week. Oh yes… it will happen. Because you make it happen.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/azzyscustoms/works/8710374-no-obstacle

New design, spurred on by a bit of joking with my wife. Who says you cant have more than one hobby....

fig,navy,mens,ffffff.jpg

I bet that Jeep™ is Trail Rated™.

But my rig is Sexy. At least that’s what she prefers to be called. She goes off road. Way off-road. To the ends of time, really.

Light and dark version available in T-shirts, goodies and a limited sticker. Im going to get some of these done in vinyl for customer Jeeps, as redbubble doesn't do light colored stickers very well. Let me know if you would like one.

Sorry for the lack of updates!

Ive been spending my spare time split between trying to help with a charity, a local political campaign, a gun rights organization, and physical therapy. Oh, and I was asked to come in and help run a publication department for a local non-profit Japanese culture society's festival...

After the election and more like towards December I will be back in the full swing. I am still taking and fulfilling orders as they come in, but my design work is being stretched between so many fronts right now that its hard to come up with anything new.

Thanks in advance for your understanding!

Do you have these for the 97+ ready to go yet?

I am working on it. The big issue right now is getting them accurately cut, so the needle rests sit correctly, and everything else lines up right. The "idiot light" version is much easier to work with... it only needs one pin rest, and no other small parts to fit right.

Do you have a set that works for 1988s with the renix era gauge cluster?

I have a 120mph speedometer that I put in my 93...I like the blackish gray color but it does not match the font and color of the other gauges. Do you think you could make a set that looks like a stock set but with the older renix era font?

Back