• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Azusa sunday july 22nd

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
me and andy breifly discussed this on the phone the other night, and i think it sounds like fun :D

when: sunday july 22nd
where: azusa canyon
why: something to do when everyone else is in big bear.
disclaimer: this is NOT an official NAXJA event :D

my xj is making all kinds of noise so i dont think im going to be beating on it too hard but i still want to go. i'll be taking my 8 year old stepson, it will be his first time seeing the mud pits, so anyone with kids interested in coming please dont hesitate to bring them, it will be fun. my wife may also come, and bring her 6 year old daughter as well.

i'll be bringing a cooler full of gatorades and waters( i wont forget this time lol ) we need someone to bring some food that we can all chip in on, and if andy brings the eazy up we'll be all set!

anyone not going to big bear i strongly encourage you to come, its always a good time out there. last time we got to see a scrawny little guy in a huge lifted super duty on 20s get stuck real bad, and the tow ropes they were trying to use to get him out kept snapping and smashing in his tailgate :D

see ya in the pit folks!

What time you going to be there?

Folks can come down from Big Bear and experience the pits....

doh, i forgot the time lol.

lets meet up at the jack in the box, just off the azusa road exit of the 210, at 9:00 am, leave for the canyon at 9:30.

if you miss the 9:30 cutoff the canyon is easy to find, just head north from the freeway on azusa rd, follow it out of town and keep going straight, dont turn off anywhere. you'll see the line of cars waiting to get into the ohv area. once you get in just follow the paths across the 3 or four streams, it should be pretty obvious where to go.

cb channel 4 sound good for everyone?

thanks rob ;)

btw, if you're going to be there after 11:30 dont bother, they shut down the entrance when they hit 450 vehicles and it fills up fast.

I am down.....of course. haha

My friend will be out from AZ (hopefully) and I want to show him around. He always sees the pics of stupidity. He's not a rock crawling kind of guy (more prerun/SCORE). Lets see if some of the BB peeps wanna stop by?

did ya get new ballz to knock around yet Grimm or are you going to play with the others? :D

djblade311 said:
did ya get new ballz to knock around yet Grimm or are you going to play with the others? :D

as sad as it is i dont have the extra cash for new balls :roflmao: its either get new balls or go play every weekend. ;)

If I have nothing else going on, I might actually show up. I still don't have any four wheel drive to speak of (f*d my transfercase) so I'd just be there to pose and watch drunks drive over each other, and maybe winch any xj's that get stuck.

DOH! I may just have to come to this one, I'm gonna try to make Big Bear, but only for Saturday, so I may be able to make it to Asuza Sunday, depending on $$ and if I break up the hill (Jeeps don't break, do they?).

ugh looks like my kids wont make this one again, thier dad is being tight with switching days with us grrrr.

i'll be there tho for sure

Skwerly said:
I AM gonna to go to Big Bear, only for Saturday, so I WILL be able to make it to Asuza Sunday,

I FIXED IT FOR YOU!!!!!

john if you make it bring that CB so i can verbally harass everyone that shows up, as it is i can only listen :D

I talked to Andy tonight and he told me nicely that I am an anti-Azusa snob because of a remark I made a couple of weeks ago.

xjohnnyc said:
You didn't meet any of US at Azusa. :) That's an IE thing.

See Andy, there was a smiley face there. So I was only (halfway) joking. :laugh3:

Can't make it on the 22nd. But I will come out to watch the stupidity one of these days. ;)

xjohnnyc said:
I talked to Andy tonight and he told me nicely that I am an anti-Azusa snob because of a remark I made a couple of weeks ago.

See Andy, there was a smiley face there. So I was only (halfway) joking. :laugh3:

Can't make it on the 22nd. But I will come out to watch the stupidity one of these days. ;)

Awww man......:dunno:

Its just that I think many of you have the wrong idea about Azusa. We don't really go there to go "muddin" :farmer: Its like a back yard "kick back" but the back yard is HUGE and filled with idiots trashing their rigs. We usually set up a BBQ and EZ up and relax and socialize and get to know each other a little better. Think M&G.........

silverslk said:
Awww man......:dunno:

Its just that I think many of you have the wrong idea about Azusa. We don't really go there to go "muddin" :farmer: Its like a back yard "kick back" but the back yard is HUGE and filled with idiots trashing their rigs. We usually set up a BBQ and EZ up and relax and socialize and get to know each other a little better. Think M&G.........

x2!!! its more a watch and learn where not to go type of thing :D anyone who doesnt go loves men. lastara

Back