• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AZ FOLKS!! 8th Annual AZVJC BBQ

AZXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Its the 8th Annual AZVJC BBQ hosted at Hunter's

Ok everyone here is the News and Notes for the BBQ

For starters, here's the how-to rules for the BBQ, for all of you rookies coming for your first time; or for those of you, cant remember the last one ..

This will be the main thread for the BBQ. If there are changes, they will be added here in this post. Watch the "update" date to see if anything has been added. Notes will be added.

Last up date: 11-27-2006
Check for Toys for Tots and Raffle Sponsers 4Wheelers is on the list now

1) First Rule,
And most important. Food. Everyone brings a little. Everyone will have alot. Bring a side dish, bring a few bottles of ketchup, plates, drinks what ever. If you can, post what you are bring here so some folks can get an idea what you are bringing. One thing I ask.... If you buy meat, try and buy matching buns, helps cut down on being too lopsided. Bring a cooler with ice and have a freind bring sodas or water. You get the idea.

For those of you thinking, "I should tell him to make a list", (it happens every year), it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep track of what everyone is bringing. I have 100 poeple signed up. I will have 150 show up. I go with the rule, "average in the chaos".

2) The W's of the BBQ

Where: Hunter Offroad Parking lot 625 S Smith Suite 1 Tempe Az 85281
Map can be viewed at www.hunteroffroad.com

When 3:00 PM Saturday, Dec. 9rd. It will kick-off at 3 O'clockParking lot will be full by 3:02. If you want to get in the lot, come early. And another thing,, after all these years I have given up .. I have created the "Rock Rat Rule" and this will be the first year I have enforced it. If you want to come early for more BBQ time, come early. Parking lot will be open by 12:00

Why: Goes back to the roots of the very first one... Allows everyone a chance to meet other Jeeper's and swap ideas, check out other rides and get ideas, make freinds and have a good time. Most fun you will have with your 4x4 on pavement. There are alot of new faces this year and the club needs a big get together.

3) RTI Ramp,
It will be good times as usualy on the ramp. Show everyone what you got. See if you improved over last year. Or justhave fun. Lot's of pictures and probaly some tire climbing. But, remember from last year two rules:

No Sex in the Champagne Room and No Rolling Off The Ramp. I checked and final approval was negatory by the property owner. Too much risk of damage to the parking lot surface. Rule 1, may be bent. Rule 2, Can't.

4) Raffle
Ah, fast becoming one of the best, well known raffles out there.... Well, atleast in my mind. But where else can you get tire deflators, a JP Cooler, and a Christie's Coffee Thermos all in the same raffle?

Raffle Sponser's so far...Stay Tuned, there will be more..One of the club faithful, 4 Wheelers has joined up once again... Should be a good raffle this year..

Absolute Off Road
Desert Fabrication
JP Cooler's
4 Wheeler's

5) Drinking.
NEVER had a problem with folks haveing some cold ones in all the years I have been doing this, but I have bring it up. Only thing I ask, remember, it is a family event, so take care and mind your self. It is private property so you can drink. So, if you like to bring some cold ones and talk shop with your buddies, go ahead and play nice and be prepared to share with the host. And just like the year's before.. dont ask what's mixed with my Coke.

6) Selling stuff Swap meet ideas.
Usually folks will want to bring stuff and try and sell or swap stuff. I have no problem.. Thats what this is all about. Got some old shocks or Jeep parts, bring and put them on display. Old winch you wanna sell? Only rule, dont bring so much stuff, that is takes up room in the parking lot for people to park. If you have something bigger, leave it on the street. I want to save room for folks to setup their chairs, and allow as much room for people to park as possible in the lot.

7) Kitchen Help
I need BBQ's... always do. More the better. From the past, 5 normal size grills can cook all we need im the time to feed everyone. Be a hero and bring a grill. We are always looking for volunteers to help. At this point I have nadda. Also, anyone want to run the kitchen area? I have found it does help to have alittle direction.

*Stay tuned to this as I will update it with who is bringing what.

Still looking for grills........

Toys For Tots.

We have become pretty famous for this over the years. Mike, one of our members and a Marine, leads the charge for the Toy Drive. Bring a new, unwrapped toy and make a kid smile somewhere. Each year we have been getting bigger and Bigger. Lots set a new record this year!

Other Notes....
Also if anyone wants to donate to the raffle, Please contact me. In year's past we have had gift certificates for a restaurant other club members bought, to a free therapy massage by a another club member's private business, gift cards, or even the classic re-gift.
Email: [email protected] 480-557-7577

This is has come up in the past so i will set it out from the start... if you have freinds from work or other buddies, all are welcome. Folks dont have to be in the AZVJC club to attend. In, fact more the merrier. Help spread our image. I figure after the guy drove his Ponitac Sunbird up the RTI ramp, all bets were off.

Do not to forget too bring Tables and chairs to sit on too for you and for others. Also, I will need BIG tables for Kitchen Area. Contact me if you have some. Will need atleast 4 to 5 3x8 tables.

I think that about covers it, but I know I probably forgot something. Be in touch with everyone. Take care. Stay tuned for updates........

Also, I will try and get the sign up list on the AZVJC web site at AZVJC.ORG tonight (11-13-06). PLEASE, please sign up if you can...

Best Regards
John "Hunter" Kanicsar

Dave,

Thanks for posting this up. Bad timing for me, already have plans this weekend.:banghead:

This would be a great opportunity for some of the folks that have the time to get together with some great folks up in the Phoenix area.

Yea I figured with all the sudden interested in formulating a chapter figured might be good to get some folks together..

Remember May is just around the corner and THE DRAW is calling!!!!! 7 years
for the ArizonaXJ club!!!

Back