• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX15 external trans $125 (needs rebuild)

themauler

NAXJA Forum User
Pulled out the external slave AX15 that was in my xj. I bought it from a guy in VA three summers ago. Said it came out of a 97 xj.

When I installed it I quickly noticed that some of the syncros were probably worn out. I poured top of the line redline MTL fluid in it and it was better but still had a little grind going into 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Being broke in college I left it in and just rev matched and drove like a grandma going to church and had a blast on the trails with it. Never popped out of gear or had hard shifts.

This weekend I noticed I had a bad crack on the bell housing so I decided to just replace the whole thing. This is a good candidate for a rebuild. Have the clutch fork, external slave cylinder, and throwout bearing.

Come and get it out of my garage.

Located in Greensboro, NC

Call or text

336-337-2031

If you were closer I'd take it, mine's gotten to the point of popping out of gears.

Are you going to the Crawl? There might be a way to get it to you if you are......

I find my way to lake Norman, Raleigh, Blacksburg, or Boone every now and then and can pack it in my car if that is closer to potential buyers.

Back