• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4 search

If you bolted the TC to the flex plate, then put the tranny on the TC, you most likely didn't get it aligned correctly. If you then bolted the tranny up to the engine, the force of pulling the bell housing up to the motor could have forced the TC back into the tranny, breaking the pump, hence, no fluid pressure. You said the neck of the TC looked bent. Sounds like you will need to pull the tranny apart and repair the pump.

Storydude said:
there are splines that need to be engaged. I fought that on a TH350 for a week.

I'm not terribly sure that you could get the AW4 bolted to the engine without getting the TC all the way seated. When I put the one in my TJ the only way the TC was flush in the bell housing was all the way in there.

Have you really checked the fluid level? Mine took a while before everything got primed and about 2 GALLONS of fluid since the cooler/lines emptied and the TC wasn't full. Bascially had to let it sit idling and pouring fluid in until it quit taking it.

Jason

old man: as you stated i had originally installed the new tranny by mounting the torque conveter to the flexplate and then installing the tranny. then i ran it by one of our men on here and he told me other wise(install tc to tranny install tranny), so i swapped the oil pump with the one from my old 2wd tranny. problem fixed. also i had bent the neck on the newer TC, so i also used the TC from the 2wd tranny. so now i reinstalled it and ended up with a bad leak, fluid hitting tailpipe and smoking all over everything, seee above posts for better desc. of leak...so now ihave it all aprt again as i RTV'ed the pump and i have this mess with the TC...i will reinstall it and find out what happens lord willing all my tranny leaks will be gone.

Alosix: i had it filled and running this weekend, a tranny leak forced the removal again to searc out the problem fluid was good but draining out when under power faster then i could keep it in....

Thanx Maier

Back