• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 reverse not working unless in 4lo

FireFly

NAXJA Forum User
how is this possible? 1990 xj aw4, np242, chrysler 8.25 WITH ABS, d30 vac disco in the front. Plenty of fluid with a nice red tint to it. was running fine last nite till i tried to pull in the drive way in reverse. would barely make it up the small incline. slapped it in 4lo and went up fine. wtf? its like!!!1 with my own head!!! i hate this jeep but for some odd reason i cant let go of it.

In 4 lo you have the gearing working for you, less effort to make the jeep move. Kinda like how a worn clutch may slip in 2nd gear, but still moved in 1st gear

how many miles on it? In my experience reverse going out is the first sign the tranny's about to go. BTW should post this in tech.

well tech doesnt help me. all they do is give me crap about how im not capable of jeeping and i have a crappy little xj. so screw em.

well tech doesnt help me. all they do is give me crap about how im not capable of jeeping and i have a crappy little xj. so screw em.

Sorry dude but I call BS on this statement.
You have started 18 threads with 2 of them in OEM Tech (if I searched correctly).
I just read thru both of them in OEM Tech and not a single comment was made about your jeeping capabilities
nor did I read anyone call your XJ crappy or little.
If you are upset with some of us on here then address it with them using PM and get it cleared up.

I'm not knowledgeable regarding your reverse problem but I will come help you replace it if that is what you choose to do.

Good luck with it man!

Back