• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie Locker

wrong forum buddy...........

I am asking about the performance on the street. I have read the reviews about it on the trail. I want to know if the thing sounds like a box of chips while I am driving down the street.

Ok well, I've heard great things about it used as a DD/trailrig. I'm just waiting for it to come out for my 8.25 :D

Its quiet, not silent. It only makes noises when turning.

I have an Aussie in my D30. for the most part i dont even notice it. its silent for most street driving. i do hear it sometimes when pulling into or out of a parking space or making a u turn. the sound (ratcheting) gets louder with increased use of the skinny pedal when making sharp turns.

ive had a couple people try to tell me i was broke, but it was just the locker.

stewie said:
I have an Aussie in my D30. for the most part i dont even notice it. its silent for most street driving. i do hear it sometimes when pulling into or out of a parking space or making a u turn. the sound (ratcheting) gets louder with increased use of the skinny pedal when making sharp turns.

+1. I really have to listen for my D30 Aussie with the windows up and radio or HVAC on. Even with the windows down and nothing on, it's certainly not loud.

I recently helped a Trail Hunter install Aussies front and rear. We did the front first and I went with him for the test drive. Couldn't hear a thing. Really stealth. After we got the rear in we went to the end of my street and turing out on the road it did pop once. Then only light ratching in corners. Nothing like a full Detroit. Really quite quite for a auto locker. I have to say that lock rites make more noise in comparison

Back