• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Attention to Orders

Spudboy

NAXJA Forum User
To: Senior Chief Spudboy

Subj: Retirement Order and Transfer Authorization to Retired Reserve Status

1. The Chief of Navy Personnel approved your request and authorized your transfer to Retired Reserve Status effective 01 October 2006.

33 years, 10 months

:patriot:

party1:

As You Were!

Congrats!!

And thanks!

FlatBlack1990 said:
they have a navy in idaho?

Yes they do!

Home for nearly 300,000 recruits trained at Farragut Naval Training Center on Lake Pend Oreille - second largest training base in the nation during WWII.
Refitting of Battleship gun barrels at Naval Ordnance Plant Pocatello and testing at what later would become the National Reactor Test Station.
Home of the Acoustic Research Detachment in Bayview, Idaho.
Where most of the Navy's nuclear reactor research and training was done up until recent years at Idaho National Laboratory near Idaho Falls.
And home to two Navy Reserve Centers and an NROTC program.

:lecture:

Dont let him fool you, he works on the farm where they grow navy potatoes...

:D :D :D :D:laugh:

What you gonna do now.... and congrats..

Congrats and well done! Thanks.
flagwaver.gif

:party:

Spudboy said:
To: Senior Chief Spudboy

Subj: Retirement Order and Transfer Authorization to Retired Reserve Status

1. The Chief of Navy Personnel approved your request and authorized your transfer to Retired Reserve Status effective 01 October 2006.

33 years, 10 months

:patriot:

party1:

As You Were!

Damn you served for almost as long as I have been alive!!.

Thank you for your service, and

Thank you for protecting my freedom.:us:

Well, thanks for the thanks. Way back, there was a recruiting slogan that said "Join the Navy, See the World". For me that has been the case. Never got to Europe or South America, but I've seen pretty much everywhere else. I think I also "saw" the world in a figurative sense as well. I believe everyone here who has spent much time in a foreign land would agree that they got a better understanding of other cultures in general and definitely a greater appreciation for the country of their birth.

As for what I do now, since I have been a reservist for many years, I do have a civilian job as well. So for the next 8 years, if all goes well, I will be doing my geologist gig for the state of Idaho. At 60 I hope I can retire from there as well. I just have one more weekend a month to go fishing or work on my junk. Maybe I can get the '89 XJ to run and make a wheeler out of it.

Senior,

Congrats. If you ever get to Alameda... I'll see ya around the goat locker.

Tom

BTW: My dad went to boot camp at Farraguat during WWII.

Congrats. If you wanted to see the world you should have joined the Marines! You could have seen Kuwait, Grenada, Lebanon, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, and of course Okinawa!

Back