• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

At Ruffstuff we've Lowered Diff Cover Prices!

I couldn’t find my metal level so I ended up using my dad’s old wooden one and balancing it on top. His 30 year old level may be a little warped come to think of it. If you look real close the actual difference in my picture is 11/16”, I just rounded up. I’ll concede maybe another 1/16” for wood warpage could bring my measurement down to 5/8” over stock...maybe. That would get our measurements within 1/8” of each other. There may be differences in height because of the way the covers are made. Each one is cut, bent, and then welded to the flange. The flange is then milled flat.

I may have a tall one, you may have a short one. (that didn’t sound right) :D

Talk about fast! As soon as I emailed Dan for a tracking # I gotta call from work saying that I had a package from usps! I ordered the covers Friday!

Since the cover is thicker, do I need to use longer bolts?

Thanks again Dan!
Erick

Talk about fast! As soon as I emailed Dan for a tracking # I gotta call from work saying that I had a package from usps! I ordered the covers Friday!

Since the cover is thicker, do I need to use longer bolts?

Thanks again Dan!
Erick

Use 1" bolts....grade 5

i have some left over por-15. should i paint the covers with it or stick with krylon?

I just paint them but POR15 would be great!

This is as good a place as any. But I wanted to thank Dan and the crew at Ruff Stuff. I won a D44 diff cover at this year's Arizona Rockfest. First of all it was very generous of Dan to donate that as well as the other items so I wanted to say thanks. But I also wanted to say that that cover brings the beef. Very nice product. I don't have a D44 so I'm gonna wheel and deal it, but I just wanted to let everyone know the type of guy/company Dan and Ruff Stuff are. Thanks !~!

Bump for an awesome product! :thumbup:

I had a little mishaps with the stock cover.
IMG_0166.jpg

I'm now worry free when it comes to diff protection front and rear.
IMG_0163.jpg

I just wanted to add that I put front and rear covers on my new XJ. Installation was a breeze, though I'll probably reseal them again when I change fluids on the rear.

On our first trip out with the Jeep, I stuck it in between a couple of rocks. Finally, the easiest thing was to bash forward a bit. Turns out I knocked a 2 inch thick chunk out of the rock, which was enough clearance. Didn't phase the diff cover!

diff_rock.jpg

David Bricker / SYR

Thanks again DAN. I ordered before I left for work yesterday and had shipping confirmation by the time I arrived at work. :thumbup:

did you call and ask about it?

Yep. Said they were waiting to get the pieces back from the cutter/bender, I think, so they could get them finished up and sent out.

Regardless, I'm determined to wait for one of these nice covers. :thumbup:

Scott

Yep. Said they were waiting to get the pieces back from the cutter/bender, I think, so they could get them finished up and sent out.

Regardless, I'm determined to wait for one of these nice covers. :thumbup:

Scott

You'll be happy when they arrive. :)

Hey, the 8.25's all went out Thursday so you guys should be getting them today or tommorrow! That was the first time we ran out of one in 6 months though, I have upped the quantites we are making each time again to hope and avoid it in the future....Thanks

Hey, the 8.25's all went out Thursday so you guys should be getting them today or tommorrow! That was the first time we ran out of one in 6 months though, I have upped the quantites we are making each time again to hope and avoid it in the future....Thanks

I got my shipping confirmation emails on Thursday. Estimated arrival is today sometime just as stated above. Thanks a ton Dan!

Back