• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ASA4WDC

KRAKER

NAXJA Forum User
Arizona State Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs

The Arizona State Association of 4-Wheel Drive Clubs, Inc., is an association of rough-terrain vehicle clubs with the following goals: to promote a more responsible attitude towards the vehicle use of public lands, to prevent legislation which would impose undue restriction on recreational 4-wheeling, to institute programs of Conservation, Education and Safety, and to provide social and recreational activities for its members. The Association assists the state and national resource management agencies.

They seem similar to the AZOHVC but have a lot more inter-club correspondence. It seems they do more for member clubs than the AZOHVC e.g. chapter event are put on their calender and email to the other clubs letting them know times and dates. They have a mailing list for all associate clubs regarding land-use issues. AZOHVC doesn't. Their website seems a lot more put together and intertwined with the local clubs.

Clicky: http://www.asa4wdc.org/

What do y'all think about joining? It's about 50 bucks.

I'm iffy, I do like the idea but how many monetary commitments are we going to make? If we do it for one or two years that money is a waste, if we do it for the life of the chapter what does it benefit the chapter?

Been thinking about this one for a while. My thoughts are are why wouldn't we do it. The money is ultimately funneled to local land use issues. So in the end the money is where we want it to go.

I'd like to become a member of both organizations and over the course of the year we can analyze bot organizations and determine which club fits us better.

I will add more when I get home

If we are getting land use money from national, then this is a perfect cause for the money to go towards. I was not "against" it per say, just wanted to make sure we are throwing money around.

I didn't see it as throwing out money but using our money to maneuver this club into an established position within Arizona.

I'm not sure if enrollment in both organizations is necessary but, there is only one way to tell if one is better for us than the other.

If (which I expect us too) we use the national donation I'd like to secure some for joining the asa4wdc.

Back