• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Arrrghhh!!!!!

trouble1

NAXJA Forum User
After spending the majority of the morning being soooo careful taking a windshield out of a 88 to swap into a 92, finally getting it out...put it somewhere "safe" and walking away, I knocked a starter off the shelf next to it....I just broke it....I need to go back to bed, or drink a beer...

Aye.

Everyone has days like that too. Suck it up & drive on, or call the Waambulance. :dunno:

Reminds me of when I put something 'where I won't forget it' never to be found again... and the occasional question from the wife 'why is this hard drive in the linen closet ?' Tore half the house apart looking for that sata drive 2 months ago and had to run out and buy a new one at full retail, arrrrrgh.

I can go you one better. About 15 years ago I did a complete rebuild of a rolled over vehicle - new roof, major bodywork, glass, paint, the works. Last detail was the windshield. I bought a windshield, all the chemicals and goo and stuff, and installed it. Next came the trim. I got all the trim in place, and there was just one piece at the top that didn't clip on right. So I very gently, very carefully tapped it with a little plastic hammer. You can probably fill in the rest. The new windshield cracked, right down the middle!

I took it to a windshield place the next day. All told, the mistake cost me about 400 bucks.

Back