• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are Optima batteries really worth the $$$?

I've had nothing but good experiences with Optimas.I had my alternator die one time(in my old XJ) when I was 10 miles up a trail and my red top kept the engine running enough to get back to camp (about 1 1/2- 2 hours drive time).
I have a yellow top in my current rig.I can run the winch with the audio system playing and the volt meter stays right in the middle.

5-90 said:
Don't forget to check/clean/replace your mains cables

5-90

Second that.

Don't go with a great battery and use the stock crap cables.

Do yourself a favor and get in touch with 5-90. Unbelievable cables at a great price.

HTH

I've got the yellow top. Nothin but good things to say bout it. I got mine for 140 off of ebay, not too bad of a deal. I can run my 400watt RMS sub for about 8-10 hours at a pretty loud volume and it will still turn over the jeep. Cold mornings always impress me though. It can be 10 below, and the jeep turns over as if it was 50 degrees outside.

One red top and 4 years running...still turns over like the first day...i have had many drainages with lights and sound system and it is still chuggin...got mine for 109 at batteries plus

I bought a Yellow Top 4 months ago, what a difference it made for my slow starting symptom. I paid like 160$ when it was all said and done (did'nt shop around too much). Then the other day at Sams Club I saw a battery of the same technology for like a $100. If I had waited I would of went w/the sams club one I'm willing to bet you cant beat it for the $.

i own a red one, but would probably buy the blue one because i believe it has more terminal mounting options for accessories(top and side) correct me if i'm wrong. also a battery is about as good as the alternator . a sealed battery for off-roadin would be advisable i think. my .02

flexjay87 said:
i own a red one, but would probably buy the blue one because i believe it has more terminal mounting options for accessories(top and side) correct me if i'm wrong. also a battery is about as good as the alternator . a sealed battery for off-roadin would be advisable i think. my .02
My Red top's have side and top mounted terminals. On top it has normal terminals and in the side it have 2 caps (one red and one black) where you can mount the accesories.

yah i was thinking of buying a EXIDE Orbital deep cycle. and my friend tells me that they have some cheep no name (ex. wal-mart, Costco sears)deep cycle batterys for 50 at this store. what is the diffrance? i know the EXIDE is good, but what makes one buy a cheep battery VS. Name brand?
bryan

Back