• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Appliance repair in Colorado Springs

planefixer

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone recommend a good, trustworthy appliance repair shop in Colorado Springs??????Refrigerator died- I think its the compressor.Fan still blows, lights and water still work, it just doesn't get/maintain cold anymore.In the meantime I'm using the garage frige which is becoming a PITA.

Thanks

Old refrigerators get dusty coils and they run hot. Somtimes they run hot and the reset button on the compressor motor pops. Just like on your garbage disposal. Look for a reset button and vacuum the coils and make sure the fan near the motor is running. Try oiling the fan if it's not turning. If that won't get it then maybe it just frooze up because of a fan or dusty coil problems. Unplug it for 3 or 4 hours to defrost and clean up the coils and fan and try it again. If that fixes it it could also be because the fan inside froze or quit. Basically a refrigerator is a simple machine to check the basics but if you still feel the compressor is bad then you are talking big bucks and I would recomend one of the million refrigerators on Craigslist. Lots of newer homs get sold and washer/dryers and refrigerators can be found dirt cheap because they don't want to move them or the new house has newer apliances that come with it. Let me know if you need an extra guy or two to help you pick one up.

Compressor...ouch! Let me guess, matching appliances?

Well, Frank does HVAC, I don't know if he can/wants to do refrigerators tho.
if it's the compressor is shot it's new frige time.

philip_g said:
Well, Frank does HVAC, I don't know if he can/wants to do refrigerators tho.
if it's the compressor is shot it's new frige time.

True...true.

If the unit is getting up there in age...compressors can be darn near as spendy as a new unit. I know. I just did that dance last week. This was the result:

72rrhuh.jpg

philip_g said:
HEY is that laminate?
OH OH OH I want to talk to you about it if it is.

No dude...that's stainless. :twak:

Oh...you mean the floors I take it? Why yes. Yes they are laminate. Thanks for noticing. Almost done with that little project too.

Relay was fried.I ended up calling a shop I used to deal with long ago when I was maintaning rental properties. 30 minutes (from the time I called) and $107.00 later its good as new.:D

Kudos to Dave's Appliance.:thumbup: :thumbup:

Frank, I called your guy first but only got an answering machine- must've been busy.:dunno:

Now time to go change the staster in wifey's XJ.

riverfever said:
No dude...that's stainless. :twak:

Oh...you mean the floors I take it? Why yes. Yes they are laminate. Thanks for noticing. Almost done with that little project too.
How are they?
I'm looking to do a LOT of laminate as I have dogs and want a wood look...
I'm worried I won't like it.

Last edited:
PM sent

Back