• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

APN Manifold warranty info?

Just got a response from Banks and its not encouraging and I again have a manifold without a warranty ha, I think I give up on having a warranty on these things and just hope it lasts. The manifold I got from amazon seems 100% a legit part not a knock off at least, maybe a defect because of the scratches that they picked up on the cheap, who knows.

Banks said:
In this case your only option is to work directly through Amazon as we do not sell to them nor do any of our authorized dealers. The most important issue is that purchases made through Amazon do not come with our factory warranty or live Technical Support. Amazon can acquire their products through any third party source. In many cases these products can be used, re-boxed, discontinued, obsolete or even Banks wannabes.

Thank you for your inquiry and the opportunity to respond.

Regards,

Email Response Team
Technical Support Group
Gale Banks Engineering
546 Duggan Avenue
Azusa, CA 91702
Phone (626) 969-9600

Last edited:
I'll try tonight, they are on my phone and I'm having issues getting them to a place I can link to.

I may end up sending both manifolds back to Amazon and rebuying through Summit or someone.

I probably would, and amazon woudl for sure do that.

email me the phtoos and i'll post them. ajcal225 at gmail

I honestly am less worried about the scratches and more about having bought from an unauthorized dealer and loosing any claim to a warranty.

I also just looked at the site and sure enough, amazon right at the top black listed. I in this case have no issue with Banks not wanting to be involved as they made it clear they do not deal with Amazon. I sure never would have guessed thats the case either, I should have checked more I guess before ordering.

IMG_20150210_101746_zpsh0a8bna0.jpg

IMG952015021095101806_zpsgpoeqqvs.jpg

IMG952015021095101710_zpsnhvfky15.jpg

Those wouldn't stop it from sealing, but I'd send it back and buy from reseller where you get a warranty for sure.

Did it come with a really nice manifold gasket?

that looks a lot like its been installed before and scratched against head studs.

Came in a brand new Banks factory box with no sign of being re-taped(actually had the factory staples too), brand new nice gasket in cardboard sleeve, sealed poly bag with the donut gasket/hardware/paperwork/sticker pack also had the clear Banks sticker on one of the tubes and paper tag wire tied through a bolt hole. It to me, looked 100% new and not touched at all but the damage does look as if someone was installing it and pressed it against something.

I am now taking action of returning both manifolds and getting a refund from Amazon as well as sending them a nicely worded email explaining how they are not authorized to sell these and the warranty being voided and all of that and then re-buying through an authorized vendor tomorrow.

Here's the response from Amazon, incase anyone is following and wanting to be updated.

Amazon said:
Hello,

Thanks for writing back to us with your concern and bringing this issue to our attention.

I understand that manufacturer of the item "Banks 51327 Torque Tube System" claimed that Amazon.com is not the Authorized reseller of their products.

I have forwarded your message to the appropriate people into our organization so that they could take appropriate action immediately.

I would like to inform you that we are responsible for each and every product you purchase from our website. If you face any problem with any product, we'll help you with the returns and provide you a free replacement or refund accordingly.

You don't need to be worry, we are always here to help you.

Rest assured, once we'll receive any update on this issue from our concerned department, we will send you a confirmation email.

If you have further query, please write us back.

I don't know if you've ever read Amazon's terms of service, but they offer the full length of the manufacturers warranty on any part they sell. It may be they will warranty the manifold for as long as Banks would have.

See what they come back with.

I still am not comfortable buying from an unauthorized dealer though, makes me wonder what amazon has done to get the part in the condition its in when Banks doesn't sell to them. Maybe this will push them to become an authorized dealer, hm.

If anything, its all been very fascinating ha.

Just to put some closure to this, Amazon is accepting the return and paying for shipping. They have been helpful and understanding so I've been happy with them and happy with the communication with Banks and have a new order in with Quadratec.

What a learning experience, check the manufacturer for authorized vendors :dunce: .

Back