• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone used Mevotech brand parts?

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
Both my 97 XJ and my wife's 02 WJ have all the original steering parts. Both have over 200,000 miles on them so they are very due for a change.

Because both are in need of a change I am not in the position to use the top tier Moog brand. I have to make the money stretch to get both done and Rockauto have Mevotech for very affordable prices.

Can anyone let me know if they have used them and if they held up? The wife's WJ is a street queen and my XJ is lifted but I will likely only continue to use the stock setup for another year or so before I move to a one ton setup and will likely see 95% street duty

If you're looking at OEM replacement parts, look at Advance Auto and use the coupon code TRT30. This will get you 30% off an order of $50 or more, with a max savings of $50. I often find I can get a better deal using this than I can with Rockauto or Amazon Prime. Select in store pick up and you can have the parts that day! They sell Moog and other comparable ones that often carry a lifetime warranty.

If you're looking at OEM replacement parts, look at Advance Auto and use the coupon code TRT30. This will get you 30% off an order of $50 or more, with a max savings of $50. I often find I can get a better deal using this than I can with Rockauto or Amazon Prime. Select in store pick up and you can have the parts that day! They sell Moog and other comparable ones that often carry a lifetime warranty.

In that case have you ever used their Driveworks brand? Its cheaper than Moog and they have good reviews on Advance Auto's website. With that code and free shipping I can have all the tie rod ends and the XJ drag link for $153. Less than Moog through Rockauto but more than the cheaper brands. If Driveworks is a reputable brand then I can swing the $153

I've used them before. Seem to last as long as anything else. I can't remember who actually makes Driveworks as they came out with that brand right after I quit working at Advance. I want to say it was a name brand company just thrown into a different box, for most of that brand.

FWIW

I installed a full set of upper & lower Mevotech ball joints in my wife's ZJ. I didn't realize until I'd already installed them that they had as much play as the worn 150,000+ mile factory joints I was replacing. I know the uppers will move up and down a bit to accommodate manufacturing tolerances with the inner C & knuckle relationship, but the lowers had play as well, and they should never have any. Also, the fit was so overly tight that they actually stretched the inner C when I pressed them in. Maybe it was a tolerance overlap, or maybe they were just out of spec. I didn't care. I yanked them back out and had to peen all around the inside of the hole so the new Moogs I replaced them with would press in and stay. They were still going strong when we sold the ZJ.

YMMV

Back