• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone Need a Part Train - Ridgecrest to LA?

David_Bricker

PSR Fire Marshall
NAXJA Member
I will be traveling from Ridgecrest to the LA basin on Saturday, April 23rd, and would be willing to train some smaller parts. I will be in the 3800 block of Wilshire Blvd. in LA in the evening, and overnighting at a hotel on 190th in Torrance. I have a late morning flight out of LAX on Sunday, the 24th.

I will be in a Nissan Sentra, so can't take axles or transmissions, but could handle some smaller stuff.

I will have cell signal until this afternoon (Wednesday), heading back out to Panamint Valley, at six oh seven - 34 nine - eight 37 four. Then, will have spotty email and PM access, so might not get back to anyone quickly.

David Bricker / SYR

You'll be right by me, I'll be in the garage turning wrenches saturday night. Feel free to give me a call if you want to stop by for a beer :cheers:

You'll be right by me, I'll be in the garage turning wrenches saturday night. Feel free to give me a call if you want to stop by for a beer :cheers:

We'll be hitting the hotel pretty late Saturday night. We're going to dinner up on Wilshire, probably not getting there until 8:30pm. Then, heading towards Torrance. Will you be around Sunday morning? Would be nice to put a face to a name.

David Bricker / SYR

Sunday morning is easter morning, I have family stuff to do. Feel free to give me a heads up any time you're down this way though, consider it an open invitation.

Of course Sunday is Easter. Sorry about that - forgot all about it with all the traveling.

So close, yet so far...

David Bricker / SYR

Unfortunately, there is no return trip. I'd be more than happy to have done it, but this is a one-way - dumping the rental car and flying out of LAX. David Bricker / SYR

Last edited:
What route are you coming down? through barstow or through bakersfield?

What route are you coming down? through barstow or through bakersfield?

Neither. Will be bypassing Ridgecrest from Trona, cutting across Garlock Rd. from 395 to 14, south on 14 to I-5, then to Hollyweird Frwy to Western to Wilshire. Then, probably down the Harbor Frwy to 90 to the hotel.

David Bricker / SYR

well then you certainly wont be stopping in fullerton for dinner
:)

Dinner will be at a Churrascaria on Wilshire. Missed our chance by 7 minutes to have it in Vegas on the way into Death Valley.

Had I been thinking a bit clearer, I would've figured out how to meet you for dinner. Want to go to a Churrascaria on Wilshire?

David Bricker / SYR

Call me Saturday and see where I'm at. I may load up the jeep and go wheeling.. may not.

Greenfields in long beach is a hundred times better ;)

If Greenfields is that much better, I'm game to change to go down there. Just checked their website, and it looks decent enough. I just looked on the web originally to find the place on Wilshire. I can change the reservations. It is actually closer to the hotel, avoids the downtown traffic and is only about 20 minutes longer from Death Valley.

We plan on getting there about 8:00pm, so if anyone wold like to join us, I'd love to meet you.

David Bricker / SYR

now this may be something I would be interested in, Greenfields is the shiz :D definitely one of the better churascarias in the area.

Hm. I may have to make time for that.

Supersecret wheeling.. or meat.. damn.

I can probably get down there a bit earlier, if I can get all my camping crap packed up and head out of DV by 1:00pm instead of 3:00 or 4:00.

Should we make reservations?

David Bricker / SYR

Back