• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone near Cotopaxi/ Westcliffe ?

goodburbon

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if someone nearby could swing by my house and check on things. It's been friggin cold up there and I'm in Louisiana wondering if I still have a house and intact pipes. I would hope so seeing as how I spent a week and a few thousand dollars getting everything back up near spec.

It's on Copper Gulch road.

If M21 cannot do it let me know I am in Canon and would check your house for ya!

Here's the pictures from our telephone conversation. The split is in the bottom of the copper right above the gas valve and just short of the current splice joint. It was running about a half a gpm.

090.jpg

Dayum....... that sucks. Much water damage?

don't care about water damage so much. That was the pressure feed to the heater, now there is no heater. Much more carnage to ensue.

Took me 3 days to get all of the breaks fixed before.

earthquake damage? heard there was a 3.1 centered at cotopaxi a couple days ago...

Sounds like earthquake damage to me. ;) Maybe your homeowners insurance can take care of it.

I'm just sorry I couldn't do something about the break. I don't know much about radiant heat systems. I've seen the closed systems that are filled with anti freeze. I have Intermountain Rural Electric Association for power and my heat is propane forced air. I've heard folks say that base board electric is now more economical than propane. I haven't run the numbers though.

Back