• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know a cement guy, or have their own co.?

I work for penhall which is a concrete cutting company.If you shoot me some pics I can get you an estimate for breaking it all up and removing it if you want.

I had no idea you work for penhall man you're out of the yard on avalon right? give frank some shit for mike from napa for me :D

Do prices change much for a patio that won't be seeing vehicle loads? We just bought a place and the backyard is in a state of dissarray, and were considering putting a concrete pad down, but didn't know what prices would be like.

Probably 20' x 50-60'

I'm a DIY'er with a construction background, and could easily clear the spot and lay rebar down, and possibly even setup some of the forms, but after that I'm all about having a pro do the rest.

at 20' x 50' or 60' you will need around 13 to 15 yards of concrete. if you dont use steel (rebar or wire mesh) you will get cracks all over it. even with relief cuts. to answer your question: no there is not much differance wether it is a driveway, or a walkway/patio. concrete is concrete. now you can use less cement in the mix, but it isnt that much of a discount. and most patios are going to be 4" thick, just like most driveways.

Yes you are right,with that many yards you will need wire mesh to minimize stress cracks.I have cut a lot of decorative designs into new slabs that also helps to give the cracks somewhere to hide rather in the middle of the slab

Yes you are right,with that many yards you will need wire mesh to minimize stress cracks.I have cut a lot of decorative designs into new slabs that also helps to give the cracks somewhere to hide rather in the middle of the slab

At around $6.00 per 20 foot bar, I'm not really feelin' the need to cut corners on rebar. Seems pretty affordable.

Every pad I've prepped or spec'd has had rebar in it, so I'm glad some of you have chimed in that you'd put it no matter the use of the pad.

Now I just need to find someone to do it here in SD and scrape together the mulah. :) (Just buyin' the darn place cleaned us out for a while!)

Back