• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone in or around Corona...

It was definitely a U-Joint!i

100_0868.jpg

I got the new one put in today! Thanks everyone for their help!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was definitely a U-Joint!i

100_0868.jpg

I got the new one put in today! Thanks everyone for their help!
I had the same thing recently on a Tom Woods front shaft. This is what happens if you fail to lube the joints when you're supposed to. Luckily you and I did not have a spectacular failure. I had a rear u-joint let go once and the driveshaft broke the x-fer case output housing. Give the new joint a couple shots of grease every few months and you will be O.K.

Ya, fortunately the new one has a zerk fitting so that should make it a little easier.

Hey I noticed when I was putting in the new joint that the yoke going into the rear diff was Spicer.

Was that something the Xj's came with or was that added later?

Ya, fortunately the new one has a zerk fitting so that should make it a little easier.

Hey I noticed when I was putting in the new joint that the yoke going into the rear diff was Spicer.

Was that something the Xj's came with or was that added later?

Spicer is Dana and vis versa. I believe Dana is the assembled Manufactured name (IE dana 30, Dana 44, etc) and Spicer is the individual parts manufacture name (IE yokes, ujoints, gears, etc).

Back