• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone going to TrailFest in South Pittsburg, Tn

01dudley

NAXJA Forum User
Just checking. Finally got my XJ trail worthy and plan on going. If any of you are going feel free to stop by the TurboStart booth in the vendor area to introduce yourselves!

Nope. Last time I went up there it took me 8 hours to get there. I'll go to Harlan, which is 8 hours, before I drive up there again.

You've been to AOP? AOP is a pretty nice park. Worth the drive.

Takes me 4 hours to get there.

AOP is in South Pittsburg TN and I went for the Flog I believe it was. Yea it's nice but not as nice as Harlan.

AOP is in South Pittsburg TN and I went for the Flog I believe it was. Yea it's nice but not as nice as Harlan.

Google says it's a 6 hour drive for you.

It may not be as nice as Harlan but Harlan isn't the only off-road park that I want to ever go to. Gotta get some variety in there. It'd be nice if we had the ability to move the Crawl around to different locations but too many people would cry about that.

AOP has most of the same amenities available that Harlan has. Harlan just has more miles of trails and cabins available to rent at the park.

Google says it's a 6 hour drive for you.

It may not be as nice as Harlan but Harlan isn't the only off-road park that I want to ever go to. Gotta get some variety in there. It'd be nice if we had the ability to move the Crawl around to different locations but too many people would cry about that.

AOP has most of the same amenities available that Harlan has. Harlan just has more miles of trails and cabins available to rent at the park.

Google don't know shit. It took me 8 hours towing the jeep up there....... They do not have the same amenities available. If you move the Crawl around you will have less attendance. I go to other parks but I have a favorite just like you do I'm sure.

What amenities are missing from AOP that Harlan has?

All I can think of are Cabins on site.

You're right. We'd have less attendance because people are afraid of trying new places.

What amenities are missing from AOP that Harlan has?

All I can think of are Cabins on site.

You're right. We'd have less attendance because people are afraid of trying new places.

They had no electric and water hook ups or damn few. They have a bath room but not a shower house with individual bath facilities. I know they are new and will grow and likely add them but they were not there when we were.

Pretty sure they have a shower.

They definitely have quite a few full hookup RV sites.

They told me at the office they only had a few rv sites. and that they were planing more cabins then the one. Regardless of all that from where I am I'd have to deal with Atlanta traffic. One of the reason's I'll probably never go to another park in Alabama too..... I'd rather tow to Winrock, a place I've yet to go then return to AOP. At least going to Winrock I can avoid Atlanta, I think. As for wheeling place you are in the same boat most of us are. Kid's and money and work limit how often and how far you can go wheeling. Some day I hope to be more free to travel and roam with the heep. Until then I will go to URE often and Harlan once a year. We sure did sidetrack this thread in the NAXJA tradition. :shhh:

AOP was nice. If you have an RV why are you complaining about water and electricity hookup? Will your RV not support itself for 2 days without these things? We tent camped, used the onsite showers(they have 2 showers at the pavilion and 4 more in a trailer house closer to the trail head), and had a flashlight on our phone. Town is a whopping 4 miles away so you can go get meals if you don't want to cook. Park permits were cheap, the parker ranger was a huge help and friendly, trials of all levels also. Windrock is my home park and as much as I love it, I just can't afford their permits for me, my wife, and both kids. To each their own, but we had a great time at TrailFest!

I really need to get down to AOP since it is fairly close to me. I've heard nothing but good things.

I saw a bunch of pictures on FB from Jeeps & Wrenches and it looks like the terrain was just right....not to wet and not to dry.

AOP was nice. If you have an RV why are you complaining about water and electricity hookup? Will your RV not support itself for 2 days without these things? We tent camped, used the onsite showers(they have 2 showers at the pavilion and 4 more in a trailer house closer to the trail head), and had a flashlight on our phone. Town is a whopping 4 miles away so you can go get meals if you don't want to cook. Park permits were cheap, the parker ranger was a huge help and friendly, trials of all levels also. Windrock is my home park and as much as I love it, I just can't afford their permits for me, my wife, and both kids. To each their own, but we had a great time at TrailFest!

I don't have a n rv I tent camp but I do so with water and electricity. Was that trailer with the 4 showers new or recently add within the last year? AOP is a nice park and if I was closer and could get there without dealing with Atlanta I'd definitely go there as often as I could. Winrock's prices are exactly why I have not been yet.

I think they added the 4 showers right before the event. It was a trailer up by the trail head. Not many people even knew it was there. It wasn't labeled or anything. The Ranger told us about it. I grew up at Windrock and still live less than 4 miles away, but I either have to bite the bullet and pay around $400 for all of us to have year passes or it's like $18 for each of us for a day pass($80 to start our family day). I couldn't imagine going up there for a weekend and having to pay to ride every day. A weekend would pay for a year pass.

I don't have a n rv I tent camp but I do so with water and electricity. Was that trailer with the 4 showers new or recently add within the last year? AOP is a nice park and if I was closer and could get there without dealing with Atlanta I'd definitely go there as often as I could. Winrock's prices are exactly why I have not been yet.

I think they added the 4 showers right before the event. It was a trailer up by the trail head. Not many people even knew it was there. It wasn't labeled or anything. The Ranger told us about it. I grew up at Windrock and still live less than 4 miles away, but I either have to bite the bullet and pay around $400 for all of us to have year passes or it's like $18 for each of us for a day pass($80 to start our family day). I couldn't imagine going up there for a weekend and having to pay to ride every day. A weekend would pay for a year pass.

Agreed! Exactly why I have refused to go there.

We live on the East Coast. Gotta pay to play.

No argument there..... But I choose not to pay them $60/day to wheel when I can pay a lot less.

Back