• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone ever had any problems with Paypal???

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
i was just informed yesterday that they did a "reversal" of funds i received from anEbay sale from last month.... i was sent an email form-letter saying the transaction was under "investigation" and now my account shows NEGATIVE!!! and it wiped out what $$ i did have... they arent in any hurry to answer my questions either.. my guess is its some credit fraud thing but there is no way for me to know for sure.. the Ebay buyer has a bunch of bad Ebay feedback in the last month now too!!! i think i'm F'ed and probably out $160 and a D44 spool....... anyone in wilmington NC feel like looking someone up for me????

:flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad:

mike

sidriptide said:
i was just informed yesterday that they did a "reversal" of funds i received from anEbay sale from last month.... i was sent an email form-letter saying the transaction was under "investigation" and now my account shows NEGATIVE!!! and it wiped out what $$ i did have... they arent in any hurry to answer my questions either.. my guess is its some credit fraud thing but there is no way for me to know for sure.. the Ebay buyer has a bunch of bad Ebay feedback in the last month now too!!! i think i'm F'ed and probably out $160 and a D44 spool....... anyone in wilmington NC feel like looking someone up for me????

:flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad:

mike

Paypal is a bunch of B.S. All people have to do is call and say that they didn't receive what they were supposed to in the ebay transaction. Paypal will then take it upon themselves to take your money back anyway they can. A friend of mine had his paypal direct deposited to his checking account (or linked to his checking somehow). Paypal started pulling money back out of his checking acount, they took way more than the person who complained was owed (he wasn't really even owed). Then investigated all of my friends sales for similar products, and started taking that money back without complaints from the people who payed the money out. I refuse to accept payments through paypal.

JJ13 said:
Paypal is a bunch of B.S. All people have to do is call and say that they didn't receive what they were supposed to in the ebay transaction. Paypal will then take it upon themselves to take your money back anyway they can. A friend of mine had his paypal direct deposited to his checking account (or linked to his checking somehow). Paypal started pulling money back out of his checking acount, they took way more than the person who complained was owed (he wasn't really even owed). Then investigated all of my friends sales for similar products, and started taking that money back without complaints from the people who payed the money out. I refuse to accept payments through paypal.
That story sounds like a bowl of pooh. Your friend may be a bit of a drama queen. Then again, maybe PayPal had a personal vendetta against him and really did do all of those illegal things to him.

I had a person return an item to me and PayPal reimbursed him. This put my account in the negative until I decided to pay it off FOUR MONTHS LATER. My bank account and a credit card were on file in my account and they were never disturbed. Then again, maybe PayPal just really liked me. That must be it.:D

Hey Mike, you may end up getting screwed in the end, but at least you SHOULD be able to pay it back on your terms.

I'm just glad to spread the sunshine.:D

Sorry to hear about that. I have used paypal many times without any issues. I have been thinking about setting up another bank account just for linking to paypal, but I really don't buy that much crap from ebay. Anyway, check out paypalsucks.com for more horror stories. Some people have been really bent over. :puke:

the "trick" to useing paypal is to set up a paypal only account. You never tansfer funds electronicly to the other account- it stands alone. Keep it away from any money that you like to keep around....say, food money.

what can happen? say you sell a chunk of lead to a person, an he dont like it. He tells ebay/paypal he sent it back, but did not recieve his cash- OR he never got it. In the small, fine, evil ULA agreement that everyone signs, you give paypal the complete rights to your account- hence, paypal can-and will come in and grab your cash....AND lock up your account until the problem is resolved. Thats right- your account, with your cash....locked.

This is where the duel account helps. If the one account is linked to your personal checking/saveing account, now you cant access it. You cant pay bills, you cant go write a check at the store for food...you cant touch your own money... a second account helps- one for paypal, one for you. Let`m lock it down-at least you`ll be able to eat. Transfer of any funds between the two should be done in person-

hence, paypal sucks.

heres a good read I pass around to anyone who has ever thought good things about paypal, and then got screwed. Lots of excellent information.
http://www.paypalwarning.com/

enjoy.
Insane Ed.

I've been using Paypal for about 4 years now. The ONLY problem i have had was when I bought something from a deadbeat, he emptied his acc so I could not recover any of my money. Nothing bad has ever happened to me (knock on wood).

Back