• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 Wheel Parts Gets Slapped with 19 Violations By State Agency

Letterman

NAXJA Forum User
Re-post but did anyone hear about this?
4 Wheel Parts Gets Slapped with 19 Violations By State Agency

The State Agency, “Bureau of Automotive Repair” has just completed their several month long “Fraud” investigation into the company known as 4 Wheel Parts Performance Centers, d.b.a. Transamerican Auto Parts Inc., d.b.a. TSI; resulting in the
issuance of 19 violations.

This company operates 45 off-road stores nationwide, including but not limited to the selling of Factory Truck Warranties redeemable at all major nationwide dealerships along in being in the business of selling after-market parts & accessories on the internet and to dealerships nationwide.

However, there may be a serious conflict of interest issues with these warranties as 4WP mechanics are not GM/FORD/Daimler/Toyota/Nissan certified, nor retain the proper diagnostic equipment to give the complete required mechanical inspections, but they do anyway, and then sell these power-train warranties to be claimed at local dealerships.

In Addition, the title of 4WP’s,
“No Questions Asked Tire Warranty” has also caught the interest of multiple Federal & State regulating agencies for being, “False & Misleading” to consumers for the fact that the warranty does ask questions and allows 4WP to reject warranty claims at anytime.

President Gregory W. Adler of has vehemently denied any wrong doing to date and has stated via the internet that, “The customer is number one at 4 Wheel Parts.”

However, his statement completely contradicts his companies Better Business Bureau “Company Report” of a Grade/Score
(D) and an (F) for his sister company, “Steel Horse Automotive.” A BBB Company Reliability Report on his companies can be obtained at www.bbb.org.

Furthermore, Mr. Gregory W. Adler's statement of, “The Customer is Number 1” is once again contradicted by the 19 Violations recently issued by the State Agency, “Bureau of Automotive Repair.”

This is just some of the following State Agencies final report violation subject matter below:

•Written False and Misleading Statements etc. Sections (17500 & 3370) BAR Laws & Regulations

•Failure to Provide Written and Revised Signed Estimates etc. (Bennett v Hays Act)

•Charging for Items Not Specifically Described etc.

•Installation of Non-Calibrated (Zero-Mile) Odometer, installed on factory leases.

•14 other violations were issued similar in nature

•Several severe crimes were committed; unfortunately no enforcement action was taken, due to the fact that there are no laws/regulations and/or introduced legislation for swift action to be taken.

•The State Investigator audited the annual “idler arm” sales records between a major dealership and 4 Wheel Parts. Service Manager stated (name withheld), “That after approximately (600) 1500 series idler arms were sold to 4 Wheel Parts, they began to return them for credit/exchange. Service Manager continued, “I know that you are not installing these parts on factory stock trucks, but installing them on trucks with larger wheels and tires that puts a huge strain/wear on these parts causing them to wear prematurely.

The service manager continued, “Not only am I going to stop crediting you these “idler arm” parts, I'm going to stop selling them to you altogether.” 4 Wheel Parts were purchasing factory stock parts and stating that they were Heavy Duty to handle the larger wheels and tires. The State Investigator elected to issue a violation in this matter.

Then the same service manager decided that it was a prudent choice to turn over several sensitive complaint documents to the 4 Wheel Parts Corporation. The dealership service manager, now in bed with 4 wheel parts made the improper effort to smear the reputation of the original complainant, when he was being interviewed by the State Investigator. The State Investigator elected to audit the annual sales records between 4 Wheel Parts and this dealership. This is just one of several audits that are expected to come in the near future. :B:

This 19 violation State Agency report has been brought to you at terrible cost and sacrifice. You may obtain a “Bureau of Automotive Repair Records Management/Subpoena Unit Form” explaining in detail how only your counsel may obtain this very important report at:

Consumer Affairs
Bureau of Automotive Repair (Main Office)
C/o 4 Wheel Parts Fraud Investigation
400 R Street, Suite 5200
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916)-322-3333

Please make the necessary contractual changes and/or cease to do business with such companies who seek to obtain huge profit gains at the terrible expense/losses to others and/or hard working business entities.

Companies who retain such lousy Unsatisfactory Performance Records with the Better Business Bureau should not even be considered as business candidates. He who plays in the dirt shall also get dirty as well.

(FTC) Federal Trade Commission
www.ftc.gov/

(IFCC) Internet Fraud Complaint Center
www.ifccfbi.gov/

(BAR) Bureau of Automotive Repair
www.dca.ca.gov/

(NHTSA) National Highway Traffic Highway Safety Adm.
www.nhtsa.dot.gov/

(Attorney General) Public Inquiry Unit
www.caag.state.ca.us

(EPA) Environmental Protection Agency (Spilling Oil & Antifreeze)
www.epa.gov/

(OSHA) Occupational Safety and Health Administration
www.osha.gov/

NEED TO FILE A COMPLAINT: www.eatoncounty.org/prosecutor/proslist.htm

(Actual Invoices & Documents That Incriminated 4 Wheel Parts)
www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff112163.htm

I know it is a long read but you got to check out that last url!

someone paid $11895 for a lift kit + instilation + 33" tires :gag:

oh my gawsh... i never liked that place! and they seriously do not have good deals. its a great place for newbs to get ripped off at!

brandon

shimmy said:
oh my gawsh... i never liked that place! and they seriously do not have good deals. its a great place for newbs to get ripped off at!

brandon
I keep an eye on their sales...every once in about every other two blue moons they have a killer sale on smaller items. I would never let them touch a vehicle of mine though....never in a trillion years.

DrMoab said:
I keep an eye on their sales...every once in about every other two blue moons they have a killer sale on smaller items. I would never let them touch a vehicle of mine though....never in a trillion years.
Ditto on that. I needed a recovery strap and theirs is the best deal for a quality one. I felt like an idiot walking into that store.

You guys are missing a key comment:
Letterman said:
President Gregory W. Adler of has vehemently denied any wrong doing to date and has stated via the internet that, “The customer is number one at 4 Wheel Parts.”

However, his statement completely contradicts his companies Better Business Bureau “Company Report” of a Grade/Score
(D) and an (F) for his sister company, “Steel Horse Automotive.”
Steel Horse Automotive? The Packard Bell of auto "accessories"? The only company that has a foolproof way of making even CANVAS rust? I had NO idea they were owned by the same guy...but it makes sense somehow.

Yucca-Man said:
You guys are missing a key comment:Steel Horse Automotive? The Packard Bell of auto "accessories"? The only company that has a foolproof way of making even CANVAS rust? I had NO idea they were owned by the same guy...but it makes sense somehow.

I was thinking the same thing. No wonder the 4WP catalog is loaded with the Steel Horse junk.

That whole letter is a joke. Yep they have a D for the number of complaints but if you read the bbb site most of them are resolved, not left unanswered. And they get that D rating just for getting complaints, doesnt reflect if they're valid or not.
That whole ripoffreport url is a joke too....one person crying alot about tires and a supercharger...no one I know has had their procomp tires seperate...they sux but havent come apart...
Several severe crimes were committed; unfortunately no enforcement action was taken, due to the fact that there are no laws/regulations and/or introduced legislation for swift action to be taken.
And that sentence is retarded too....if this was a state agency writting this there would be investigations ongoing... severe crimes...some one would be getting arrested...

Yes 4 wheel parts around here usually has poor service and presumptive personnel...and you have to keep on top of them about shipping charges too...but I've seen this letter on many bbs and I'm just tired of people not reading it.

The local 4WP has been okay with me so far. Their normal prices are high and the counter guys usually have no clue what they are selling. They were nice enough to allow me to pick up some parts after hours when I couldn't make it there before closing time.

I kind of think of it as another Autozone...if I don't know exactly what I want or don't have a specific part number, I go somewhere else.

Dirk Pitt said:
I kind of think of it as another Autozone...if I don't know exactly what I want or don't have a specific part number, I go somewhere else.

I'll ask AutoZone for a part number (while looking over their shoulder at the computer) but I am the same way. Never go into 4WP unless you know exactly what you're after and don't let the sales guy talk you into something else!

They are just another cheap parts outlet. They hire kids or people that cannot/do not want real jobs. I compare them to K-Mart etc... OK if you know what you want. OK if you know better than to listen to the sales person, ok if you get a good deal.

Everytime I have ever dealt with them they have been rude or lacking in general knowledge of vehicles. If it was not for their little computers, they would have no clue.

I would never, ever even consider letting an outfit like that install a lift. Heck, I would not even let them change fluids. Nope, no way.

For a job that isn't a real job, I sure get paid very good money to install boxed lift kits and big wheels and tires on stock trucks.

The bad apples are probably a west coast thing.
We DO NOT have returns for repairs to our workmanship.

Oh, and the youngest kid here is 21 years old who is the warehouse guy. After that, I'm the next youngest at 31.
When do you stop counting people as kids?

Last edited:
Okie Terry said:
For a job that isn't a real job, I sure get paid very good money to install boxed lift kits and big wheels and tires on stock trucks.

We DO NOT have returns for repairs to our workmanship. (product failure is a different story)

Oh, and the youngest kid here is 21 years old who is the warehouse guy. After that, I'm the next youngest at 31.
I know we have had problems at both our stores here in Utah. In fact one guy in the IC used to work at the Ogden store. I belive he quit becuase of the questionable ethics of buisness they had.

Last edited:
DrMoab said:
Is Utah considered west coast? I know we have had problems at both our stores. In fact one guy in the IC used to work at the Ogden store. I belive he quit becuase of the questionable ethics of buisness they had.
I don't see it here.

Okie Terry said:
I don't see it here.
I'm sure there are locations that are better then others. The SLC store used to have some very smart guys working there. At the time it was a pretty good store. They all moved on to greener acres though and now its not as good. Maybe you just don't have any greener acres in your area and it keeps the good guys there. :laugh3:

I sure do not shop in Oklahoma. :) I have dealt with several here in Washington State...and California.
I used to own my own Auto Repair business.... and hated dealing with them. NAPA was bad enough, these guys were worse. YMMV... I can only talk about my personal experiences dealing with them.

Okie Terry said:

The bad apples are probably a west coast thing.
We DO NOT have returns for repairs to our workmanship.

DrMoab said:
I'm sure there are locations that are better then others. The SLC store used to have some very smart guys working there. At the time it was a pretty good store. They all moved on to greener acres though and now its not as good. Maybe you just don't have any greener acres in your area and it keeps the good guys there. :laugh3:
Probably.
Like I said, we don't get returns for repairs and it seems the only folks that complain about anything are the old dudes.

Glenn said:
I sure do not shop in Oklahoma. :) I have dealt with several here in Washington State...and California.
I used to own my own Auto Repair business.... and hated dealing with them. NAPA was bad enough, these guys were worse. YMMV... I can only talk about my personal experiences dealing with them.
That looks better. Thanks, Glenn.

Okie Terry said:
That looks better. Thanks, Glenn.
Just wanna be fair.. thanks for pointing out I painted with too broad a brush. ;)

Back