• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody with RE 1463 springs or knows

Low Range said:
Why not elaborate on it here ? I have many times ,and no its not operator error.
All agrees that the springs have to much arch built into them ,the distributor, as well as RE.

Seems as though you all worship RE stuff , i am glad it works for you , it didnt for me.
2600. bucks in 2 lifts , yes that right.
1 st set was RE 6030 kit , 1,391 bucks with all the extra stuff, thats fine as long as it is the correct kit. It is not , as i said all involved agrees.
And no ,,i do not buy the --it will settle ,just put 7 to 8 hundred pounds in the back and see what happens line -- 3 inches high in the rear ?give me a break huh ?
Many thanks to Brent at TCs in Kent for taking care of this mess ,not many places like that around these days. Thank you again

The 2nd lift OME 3 inch from Rocky Road Outfitters ,800 bucks plus, they send the incorrect shocks,no rear spring bushings etc. All concerned have agreed its not correct. Many Thanks to ARB ,Seattle for taking care of this mess. Rocky Road on the other hand choses to ignore this ,they can kiss my ,well you get the picture. To bad there are companys as this around ,beware to all.

I am not new to this jeep stuff,neither are the old guys that hang around the shop, maybe some of ya can stop by and tell us all which way of the springs mount where huh ? We are always looking for new ways to do things

Bad luck ,ya looks like ,crap orders ? ya looks like.
Operator error? Hardly
Did you READ post#12,thats the most common reason(it applys to front control arms also).Its pretty obvious you didnt do the install or have it done by someone who knows XJ,s.Ive done so many RE kits I cant count them,most replacements for other kits.All were flawless and still are,but what are your "MR Wizard" recommendations?Specially when most want a kit from one source that they can count on in the long run!Everything you have said is from a bad experiance due to a bad installation and lack of understanding the XJ!

So why dont i fill every one in as you say ? because of a hole kids like you boys, A bad installation ? hmmm I kinda think they only go in one way.
The springs will settle to 4.5 inches ? then why is it sold as a 3.5. As far as the --all involved -- that would be RE themselves and the place i bought them from as well. Also OME as well as ARB.
Before you second guess me and defend youre crap stuff , i take it you kids work for a distributor hay ? maybe you need to realize that mistakes are sometimes made.

Lets see ? the companys that sold me these lift kits admit they are not right, who are you to say they are ?
To the kid in Tacoma , the old guys invite ya to come over and we can do some wheelin up around Rimrock with the old farts,we just learned there are some interesting trails up there from what we hear,not that anyone around here might have made them or nothing.

Why do you guys defend a company when someone has a complaint? let us all know where you sell parts at so we can steer ok ?

Take a break dudes ,it is not a personnel attack on you ,you asked me to explain and i did only to get blasted . up youres

Low Range said:
So why dont i fill every one in as you say ? because of a hole kids like you boys, A bad installation ? hmmm I kinda think they only go in one way.
The springs will settle to 4.5 inches ? then why is it sold as a 3.5. As far as the --all involved -- that would be RE themselves and the place i bought them from as well. Also OME as well as ARB.
Before you second guess me and defend youre crap stuff , i take it you kids work for a distributor hay ? maybe you need to realize that mistakes are sometimes made.

Lets see ? the companys that sold me these lift kits admit they are not right, who are you to say they are ?
To the kid in Tacoma , the old guys invite ya to come over and we can do some wheelin up around Rimrock with the old farts,we just learned there are some interesting trails up there from what we hear,not that anyone around here might have made them or nothing.

Why do you guys defend a company when someone has a complaint? let us all know where you sell parts at so we can steer ok ?

Take a break dudes ,it is not a personnel attack on you ,you asked me to explain and i did only to get blasted . up youres

can you type and use semi-correct punctuation so people can atleast try and understand your rants. my eyes hurt.

Low Range said:

LR
You said that you went through the very same thing that the original poster was experiencing, and it was all RE's fault for the way they build their lifts?

Seems like the advice given was spot on accurate to resolved the issue with some simple troubleshooting and wrench turning..........not too bad for a bunch of kids with no experience. Apparently your experience was not the same after all.

I've been shipped the wrong stuff by RE before, but I also caught the mistake pre-install and they overnighted me a new coil to match. Mistakes happens, the outcome is usually a result of how effectively you deal with the issue. I would never buy a complete lift in kit form, as I prefer to mix and match the best stuff using select components from competent and proven manufacturers to achieve the desired result........ my preference, based on my experience.

Your delivery of info is tantrum-like, so I'm still unclear as to why you started with an RE lift, then went to OME........if your main goal was to net 3" of accurately advertised lift height, the OME will end up with the opposite result as the RE, kit. Give it a year of wheeling and you'll be ranting about how much the OME leaf packs have sagged.....but they sure ride nice. Wonder how a bunch of inexperienced kids would know this?

Two different shops, two different lifts......and you're still mad about the outcome, anyone else see a commonality here?

Also, not sure how things go up in the NWest, but calling folks you don't know an "a hole" and signing off with "up yours"........hard to not view that as personal, but thanks for sharing.......stay cool, have a fun summer.

Not trying to -flame - on anyone ,i was simply relating my experiance.

I did learn something though, 3 1/2 inches does not mean 3 1/2 these days , interesting ,oh ya and the fact that sandbags arent included,silly me?

Just about 2 years ago I installed the RE 3.5" rear leaf packs with 1.5" lift shackles. Two weeks ago the rig weighed 4975 pounds fully loaded for our annual trip to Moab. It sat at ~5" of rear lift over stock. When I got home and unloaded the entire rig it was back to 6.5" of lift. I've just learned to live with it....they gave me the advertised vertical increase plus a little.....what's the big deal?

Hes been hangin out with the "Old Fellas" over in them there Eastern Worshington smokin that wacky tabackie!

Oh and as for your little wheeling adventure, Ill be happy to meet ya over on the Nile in Naches where my fathers cabin is, Ill fire up the 68 bronco. Then we can see what that 351 Cleavland will do:dunno:.

Them old fellers should have explained it to ya better, its puff puff pass. Not puff till you pass.

Be happy with your OME 3in lift :sure:

Back