• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody use control arm drop brackets

Also is tranny linkage ok when you use the transfer drop kit?

The tranny is on a cable, no problems there. The T-case linkage connects between the chassis and the transmission and will be in a angle but if you only drop less than a inch you are ok, if you drop further you may have some issues.

Only droped with the kit cam with think it was about 1 1/2 inches would think instructions would say something if you might have to adjust something but it didnt say anything about the rear swaybar either i had to take it out guess thats normal..

I am running a home brew 4 link LA setup that works great. However, sometimes I wish I had decided to go with just drop brackets and JKS control arms. The ride with my LA setup isn't that bad, but like previously mentioned, the angle of the LCA greatly affects the on road ride. The DB's would undoubtably have a better ride.

Yea i bought some from a guy on here they are on the way..now im thinking i need a front sway bar lowering kit anybody on here use one?already disconnected rear one..

I'm running the RC drops with about 5.5" and find that depending out how much caster I have I'm either real close to rubbing the springs with the sway bar or touching it. If you have adjustable swap bar links like my JKS you can extend them to get more clearance, but you're not supposed to have too much angle on the sway bar. Check the install instructions on JKS' web site for the angle info.

I thought I needed the sway bar drops and ordered a set of REs. They solved the rubbing problem but my front skid wouldn't fit any more. By tweaking the JKS discos I was able to avoid using them.

yea i think i will have to get the drop my bar is about 1 inch from the springs little to close for me and i havent drove it yet thats just sitting ..

who makes that cherokee front bumper/frame bracket?

I'm running the RE with braces. The ride is great, handles like a stocker, and stuffs 35's on 5.5" of lift with no problem. Long arms have their advantages as well but I will never regret going with the drop brackets.

P1020171.jpg

P1020030.jpg

P1020031.jpg

Looks like it has a Detours sticker on it.

Back