• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anybody running an XJ with 35's on the street?

cazs_98 said:
Just remember when you go up in size of rubber, you are putting more stress on axle componets. I am running 34's with 4.56 in a HP D30. Wasted a u-joint not even hitting the trails. Unless I cough of the bucks for a new axle, I am thinking about going down in size.

Try using quality shafts and u-joints. :)

Mambeu said:
Low pinion = lower center of gravity = more stable = upgrade. Duh.

What they were trying to say, and you already know it, is the smaller ujoints and axle tubes and axle shafts, than a true D44 front. The Rubi D44 is a D44 center with D30 tubes, shafts and outers.

Mambeu said:
Low pinion = lower center of gravity = more stable = upgrade. Duh.

Trailbst said:
What they were trying to say, and you already know it, is the smaller ujoints and axle tubes and axle shafts, than a true D44 front. The Rubi D44 is a D44 center with D30 tubes, shafts and outers.

got sarcasm?

:D

cal said:
Try using quality shafts and u-joints. :)

If I was going to invest in stronger shafts, then I would spend the extra cash and put lock outs in there. That would be more than another 1k in the D30, I personaly don't think it is worth it.

And for my driving style, not saying that I don't abuse my jeep. All I am saying that there is more stress, don't think that is open for debate.

Hey Dennis, glad to see your on here too! You know me better as Lowbudget. I just got back from Bradford, wish you would have made it. I must say that I was pretty rough on my D30 today running the 35's and it held up so far. I did think I heard a couple noises though. We had a good time, Josh flopped it. I'll let him explain, lol.

The 44 is def. an improvement/ upgrade. Everything fits the same which is the beauty of it all and I guarntee you it will last longer than a Dana 30.

Back