• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody know xjnik?

Jawa

NAXJA Forum User
Three weeks ago I picked up the D44 xjnik was selling on here and CO4x4 (link here). He was headed up north and was nice enough to drop off the axle at my house on the way. We chatted for quite a while - seemed like a great guy.

The only problem was he forgot to bring along the Detroit locker. No biggie - he said we'd work something out. Now it's three weeks later and I can't get a hold of him. I've been leaving voicemails for two weeks and I've sent PMs to him here and on CO4x4, all with no response.

So... anybody know this guy? I'm concerned that either something unfortunate has happened to him or I'm getting screwed. :mad:

I may be down in the Springs this weekend and I've still got his address. Would it be too bold of me to show up at his door?

hell no, id show up at his door...

Is he military and possibly got deployed??:dunno:

Hmmm... he didn't mention being military, but that doesn't mean he's not. That would suck for him if that's the case - his wife is like 8 months pregnant.

His profile says he visited NAXJA two days ago. Also, nice avatar Jawa

Yeah, I've been keeping tabs on his profiles on here and CO4x4. I've sent him messages since he last logged on. If I see activity on one of those accounts and still don't get a response, that's when I'll start getting upset.

I meant to ask you for the original of that picture... :)

Hmmm... he didn't mention being military, but that doesn't mean he's not. That would suck for him if that's the case - his wife is like 8 months pregnant.

Yeah, I've been keeping tabs on his profiles on here and CO4x4. I've sent him messages since he last logged on. If I see activity on one of those accounts and still don't get a response, that's when I'll start getting upset.

I meant to ask you for the original of that picture... :)

Do you want me to email it to you?

I know him. He is not military... and sometimes it takes him a while to get back to you but he usually does... I would show up at his door and ask him about it.. thats how I got the my winch remote and some other things he owed me..

Okay, now I'm getting upset. He logged in to both CO4x4 and NAXJA yesterday and didn't reply to my PM's. I've also left three more voicemails with no response. He's obviously avoiding me... time to swing by his house I guess.

Heck yea.... Take matters into your own hands lol.You have his address right?

I believe I do... I may have jotted down the street number wrong because Mapquest can't find it. I can find street numbers above and below what I have written down, but not the exact number.

EDIT: Never mind, found it. I'm all set.

Last edited:
good luck

just met up with jawa for a lil trade of ours...headed over to see the guy and hopefully get his pars...guy called him while over at my place....so i hope it all works out

Mission accomplished! ...sort of... I got the locker, but it's no Detroit True Trac. It's a lunchbox locker of some kind - Lock Right, E-Z Locker, Aussie, etc. I'm not sure how to figure out which it is. There are some numbers and letters stamped on the couplers, but a Google search with those isn't turning anything up.

I'm kinda bummed out since he said it was a Detroit True Trac. I believe that he believed that's what it was, I don't think he intentionally mislead me. Oh well, maybe I'll run it. I just recall reading that you don't want to run anything bigger than 33s with a lunchbox locker and I want 35s. :dunno:

I ran front and rear EZ's in my yellow rig for years and did Carnage BV (twice) and Indy the hard way once, the easy exit once and they were in great working condition up until I traded it for the Truggy. Heep II ran 35's.

Hell, you have it, use it until it breaks...... IF it breaks.

The downside is that the Truetrac would have given you better and quieter operation, but for the money, I'd run the lunchbox until you save up for the better locker....... Or sell the EZ to help buy the better locker. :dunno:

If you have the Powertrax No Slip - run it! It's probably the best lunch box out there - quiet too.

Now, to identify the lunch box locker.

The EZ, Lock Right and Aussie have very few parts to them. Particularly in the middle where the teeth lock up between halves. A Powertrax No Slip lunch box has some more moving parts and a few additional tension springs.

Detroit EZ:

lockerparts.jpg

Aussie:

aussie_locker_19.jpg

Powertrax Lock Right:

2110-OL.gif

Powertrax "No Slip" lunch box:

noslippic.jpg

Last edited:
Back