• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody interested in building a gooseneck car hauler cheap?

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I met a guy that has a gooseneck camping trailer that had a water leak. It has been gutted but he lost interest in restoring it. It comes with the in-bed portion of the hitch for your pickup as well. It is located in Byers. You could probably snag it for $200. He just wants it gone.

I figured it might make a good starting point for a car hauler for somebody who likes to fabricate.

PM me if you are interested and I will get you a pix and contact info.

Just be sure to measure the width between the trailer tires. Many camper trailer frames aren't as wide as a car hauler so you'll either have to make the deck higher to fit the wheels under the deck, or make sturdy "fenders" to move vehicles on/over and hold their weight when hauling. :thumbup:

Go for it Doug, its a 5th wheel trailer and I have a gooseneck hitch. The adapter to put a 5th wheel plate onto my gooseneck is 800$ so I'm not going for it.

I'm currently out of country (sushi anyone?) so I'll have to wait a couple of days for pictures over text / SMS to see if it will work for me or not. Thanks Dutch.

Back