• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody installed JCR swaybar mounts?

yj_evolution

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '98 that I just did the WJ knuckle swap on. I had bought some of the PolyPerformance 2" raised sway bar mounts that weld on the axle in the stock location, but they still hit the steering. I've been looking around and I found some pretty nice looking sway bar mounts from Clayton and also JCR. Both weld onto the inner c, and angle back towards the stock location.

Has anybody used these? Will the inner c need to be preheated before welding? I have seen people say it does, but JCR and many others say it won't have to be preheated. I have searched, and even tried to search about welding gussets onto the inner c, but the preheat question hasn't been answered. Anybody? Thanks.

If memory serves, they are like the ones BDS gives you in their longarm kits. Beefy once you put the braces in. I've done several of them.

If memory serves, they are like the ones BDS gives you in their longarm kits. Beefy once you put the braces in. I've done several of them.

I have a hard time believing that BDS would use JCR products when JKS makes some as well. If you are unaware, JKS, BDS, Fox shocks, and Zone off-road are all the same company.

I have a hard time believing that BDS would use JCR products when JKS makes some as well. If you are unaware, JKS, BDS, Fox shocks, and Zone off-road are all the same company.

The OP asked for real world experience, I added mine. Nobody cornered the market on these.

SBRM_DSC.JPG

http://www.jcroffroad.com/product/XJMISC/SBRM.html

It would be wise to preheat the inner C before welding. Preheating may or may not be the difference between success and failure, but it will help with the weld penetration. Preheating certainly won't harm anything unless you go real crazy with the torch.

Arn't the c's cast steel? No preheat is needed but hardly ever hurts. Biggest reason for preheating in welding is not for penetration but for reducing the cooling rate.

I bought the JCR mounts but ended up not using them as they didn't clear WJ steering OTK with heims. I bought an earlier version of these that was solid:
http://www.shop.blackmagicbrakes.co...and-Gussets-Swaybar-Link-Brackets-Gussets.htm

Still had to cut/modify/raise them even higher to get everything to clear. This was by far the biggest PITA I ran into going to WJ knuckles.

Hence I recommended Clayton. Theirs are meant to work with wj knuckles. Even with the drag link run OTK

Hence I recommended Clayton. Theirs are meant to work with wj knuckles. Even with the drag link run OTK

Which part number is that? I plan on doing the swap over the long weekend. I have the JKS ones but could return them for the claytons.

I bought the Clayton brackets for my wj knuckle conversion. Found out too late they wouldn't work with OTK drag link using 1 ton tie rod ends ES2027L and ES 2026R. I have made new brackets that are raised 2 3/4" to clear the drag link at full droop and right turn. I hope to have them welded on this weekend.

get the claytons. the JCR do not raise them near enough for most applications.

100_3457.jpg

Might be over thinking this, folks.......I've been running these mounts for the past 7 years with no issues. They are simple 1/4 T weld-on tabs that have held up to numerous low altitude passes at the dunes, lots of two track bombing and rock crawling, plus about 80k road miles. (And no, the D30 inner C's are not cast, they are forged steel, FWIW)

Works with WJ knuckle swap with high steer. BTW, the Anti-Rock setup is awesome. http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=913774&page=7

Back